AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a KDS-R50XBR1 and recently purchased a PS3, I have the PS3 hooked up via component and I have what , from my searching here, seems to be a grounding related issue: when I view the PS3 via the component input, I see horizontal bars of varying sizes scrolling upward colored either purple on black or green on grey. I have tested the input with both my xbox360 and my DVD player, neither exhibit this problem. When I plug it into the HDMI, I have no problem, when I plug it in via the composite, I have no problem, when I have the HDMI plugged in, but watch the PS3 via the component, I have no problem, which leads me to believe that the grounding jacket on the HDMI cable is fixing the problem, however, I can't spare the HDMI input for the PS3 (until I get a new receiver). The answer I usually get about grounding problems is to plug them into the same outlet (which they already are), I believe this dose not help because the PS3 uses a 3 prong plug and the KDS-R50XBR1 uses a 2 prong polarized plug. How do I fix this?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.