AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As these things always go, many interested buyers have changed their minds, backed out or have not replied to my request for funds. No problems. The distributer has agreed to extend the deal to a fewer amount of units so we no longer need a minimum order for the Powerbuy. With that said, I ordered them today and they will ship out to Rochester today or tomorrow and arrive by the end of the week. Those of you who paid with Paypal, I got the money, all is well, you are in the queue and ready to roll. I will contact Tom, he will probably read this anyway, and let him know who has paid for their units and to contact you to arrange payment with him for the mod's. Perhaps he will ask you to contact him and will "check" your name off against the list of paid units. Finally, I bought and sent an extra 2 units off to Tom. The first 2 people to contact me for them can have them, $198 to my Paypal account. Once these are gone, I will no longer accept anymore orders for RP-56's, I am not a store and am making NO MONEY doing this so playtime is over.

·
Banned
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Richard, Suresh and Rags:

I notified all of you, as well as many others, indicating the powerbuy was ON and payment was needed to move forward. After tracking the PM to you three, I saw that none of you had read the message, so I just deleted them from your PM account. In other words, you never opened your PM here on the Forum so I deleted the note you needed to read in order to participate in the Powerbuy. I am sorry but, the last 2 units I mentioned above are now SOLD. There are no more units left to buy and please do not wire me any money. To everyone who did participate, please keep an eye on this post for daily updates, or look for a new thread.

·
Registered
10,201 Posts
Thanks for the hard work on this. I'm glad the distributor was willing to work with you! I'm looking forward to my RP-56... of course, I won't be using the SDI mod for awhile, since I don't yet have a scaler, but a boy can plan ahead, can't he? :)

For those who missed out, I see the following:

$186 on buydig.com

$186 on amdv.com

$187 at ETronics

$195 at eCost.com

So it won't be as convenient as ericbee made it for us, but hey at least you can get a similar price.

·
Banned
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just checked out the first one "buydig.com" the price is correct and shipping is $10 putting the net price very close to the PB price. However, if you ship the unit to Rochester, NY, where the mod's are being done and where I had them drop shipped, they charge you $30 in taxes becuase they are out of New York. Two options: ship it to another state and then to Rochester or search the other prices to see if they are in stock and located out of NY state. Good to know the prices are low and getting lower.

·
Banned
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
All of the units arrived today to Immersive, confirmed it with Cindy and Tom. Tom will contact us when payment is required. He can accept Credit Card or Paypal, but let him contact us first. At this time he is still waiting for the correct boards to install. No rush here, let's get the best and take our time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.