AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 884 Posts

·
Registered
9.8.4 = 13 CBT Line Arrays, 8 Sealed 18"s
13,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Long time helpful subwoofer sage @LTD02 (John) has spun up GSG Audio Design with a couple friends. @kevings is John's primary business partner in GSG Audio Design.

The main idea behind GSG Audio Design is making a very powerful, capable, proven, subwoofer design as accessible as possible to the broader audio community! This is DIY/AIY for anyone!

The attention to detail in these flatpacks and the very specific parts list and assembly instruction are so stellar that even the most novice of enthusiasts can feel confident putting together a top shelf performing subwoofer.

The company is live and taking orders now. You'll note from the product prices that profit opportunities took an obvious back seat to helping the community by making the product financially accessible.

I think the world of John and his 15 year+ ever helpful role in this community. I wish he and his partners endless success in their endeavor!

www.GSGAD.com

·
Registered
788 Posts
Agreed John is a super awesome guy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
305 Posts
Long time helpful subwoofer sage @LTD02 (John) has spun up GSG Audio Design with a couple friends. @kevings ...

I think the world of John and his 15 year+ ever helpful role in this community. I wish he and his partners endless success in their endeavor!

www.GSGAD.com

For some reason your URL was showing up as gscad instead of gsg. I think this may be the right one:
https://shop.gsgad.com/

·
Registered
23L X 10W X 7H - 9.3.8 for now....
423 Posts
Long time helpful subwoofer sage @LTD02 (John) has spun up GSG Audio Design with a couple friends. @kevings is John's primary business partner in GSG Audio Design.

The main idea behind GSG Audio Design is making a very powerful, capable, proven, subwoofer design as accessible as possible to the broader audio community! This is DIY/AIY for anyone!

The attention to detail in these flatpacks and the very specific parts list and assembly instruction are so stellar that even the most novice of enthusiasts can feel confident putting together a top shelf performing subwoofer.

The company is live and taking orders now. You'll note from the product prices that profit opportunities took an obvious back seat to helping the community by making the product financially accessible.

www.GSGAD.com
Glad to hear and best of luck in this endeavor. Very well deserved!

Phil.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
893 Posts
Absolutely Gorgeous!

Great website,very informative.

I'm waiting for the Martycube(I can't fit the full Marty in my living room).

When the cubes are available,I may have to take a road trip from NorCal for a pair.

·
Registered
947 Posts
I wish all the luck in the world for this project, John has always been very kind in answering several questions that some random guy in another part of the world (me) has sent him over the years by PM :)

It could be interesting to add specific information on the website, like measurements, comparisons with comercial subwoofers, etc.
Probably not for the regular "DIY forum" regular, but others might find interesting and useful ...

·
Premium Member
5,980 Posts
Can a fellow brother DIY believer get a

AMEN​

and for my own builds, 1 offs and (brilliantly performing) @LTD02 designs as they may be,

I still find an irreplaceable personal satisfactory challenge in the 1 line set of instructions method: "Choose wisely, grasshopper."

Attachments

Reactions: neo_2009

·
Registered
6,470 Posts
Bumping this just so as many folks see it.

For anyone looking at flatpacks, a Marty flatpack is a great way to start.

Reactions: neo_2009

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
At 129 a pop if you order 4... Man, that is tempting.

Only got 2 um18s right now, but it'd be pretty difficult to convince myself not to buy 2 more if I had to order 4 flat packs. :D

I might work out a group buy with a few friends just to support for all the sage advice he's given around this forum.

·
Premium Member
5,980 Posts
DIY / AIY and the numerous factors that make HT or any hobby "attractive" weigh in differently for each person

but for the " I want that!" guy without some or all of the tools, space, time and other resources . . .

getting such solid high performance woofage
(and a good inoculation against "upgrade-itis" , for a while ? . . .)

delivered to your door . .

no fuss, no mess, no sawdust, no splinters

priceless

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
A little bird told me that full Marty flat packs will be listed for sale soon.
I'm contemplating placing an order for 4 early next year. Not because I need it... I don't. I have plenty of output out of my twin sealed UM18s.

I'd do it just for the support factor. The guy's been helping people out on these forums without ever asking for anything in return. I'd happily support that fact. :D

1 - 20 of 884 Posts