AVS Forum banner

301 - 320 of 334 Posts

·
Registered
982 Posts
I saw your video about the assembly on those, thanks for that video
You are very welcome! Its a wonderful subwoofer.
I spent a couple hours today pulling speaker wire through my walls so I can have my subwoofer amp in my rack and my Deva across the room. It will totally be worth it. I keep telling myself. :)

Now to hope the Speakon ends arrive so I can build the needed cables!

·
Registered
982 Posts
You are very welcome! Its a wonderful subwoofer.
I spent a couple hours today pulling speaker wire through my walls so I can have my subwoofer amp in my rack and my Deva across the room. It will totally be worth it. I keep telling myself. :)

Now to hope the Speakon ends arrive so I can build the needed cables!
It was totally worth it!

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
OK it seems like my order would ship the other week

2 Devastator with Eminence Drivers so I will have the following subs after all this

4 Marty 15
2 Full Marty
2 Devastators

And I also bought a JTR 4000ULF just to try if it´s any good, if I feel it´s a lot better DIY then I sell the JTR and add some 21 Full Marty, I have a friend that will pay me what I pay for it, so why not test that sub

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
OK it seems like my order would ship the other week

2 Devastator with Eminence Drivers so I will have the following subs after all this

4 Marty 15
2 Full Marty
2 Devastators

And I also bought a JTR 4000ULF just to try if it´s any good, if I feel it´s a lot better DIY then I sell the JTR and add some 21 Full Marty, I have a friend that will pay me what I pay for it, so why not test that sub
Interested to hear your comparison

·
Registered
14 Posts
That's what I look forward to. Nobody every compares DIY subs to quality pro subs of similar size.

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Well my subs are on the way

2 Devastators
1 Full Marty 21
3 Lavoce Drivers

Already have the FP20000Q that is a monster of an amp, running 4 Marty 15 of one channel and 2 Full Marty of another, planning to run 2 devastators of another channel and maybe add another Marty 21.

I will compare in a couple of months against the JTR 4000ULF what should I do.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,748 Posts
" How loud a sub gets doesn't mean it sounds good or better/clearer then another. For ex a Rythmik FV18 vs a GSG mini marty, where to spend the money??"

It's inevitable . . .
spend the money and time in the REW rabbit-hole.
Engage REW to give you the power for the never ending battle of subs vs. room

ask me how I know . . .

that was achieved using just the "sub distance tweak" and simple BASH amps

props @Alan P and @Austin Jerry

"What type of bass response is in your room?"

Attachments

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
" How loud a sub gets doesn't mean it sounds good or better/clearer then another. For ex a Rythmik FV18 vs a GSG mini marty, where to spend the money??"

It's inevitable . . .
spend the money and time in the REW rabbit-hole.
Engage REW to give you the power for the never ending battle of subs vs. room

ask me how I know . . .

that was achieved using just the "sub distance tweak" and simple BASH amps

props @Alan P and @Austin Jerry

"What type of bass response is in your room?"
I think the other user is right in saying this only shows SPL but not the sound signature of a sub, people here says the professional drivers like the 21" sound different than say an Ultimax, but never heard of people saying an Ultimax sound different from say a HST-18 or Fi, I would compare that in some weeks as I already have UM15 and UM18 and will add 3 or probably 4 Lavoce to the mix

·
Registered
980 Posts
I appreciate the link. If I was a computer I am sure a bunch of numbers would be great but I am looking for actual human comparisons. How loud a sub gets doesn't mean it sounds good or better/clearer then another. For ex a Rythmik FV18 vs a GSG mini marty, where to spend the money??
All the info is listed for each sub to know how clean each hits is right there.

·
Registered
19 Posts
So I ordered 2 Mini-Marty flat packs and messed up on my first one. :eek:

My left side brace didn't end up going all the way in, so now I need to figure out a way to get the rear piece (#11) to sit flush. It appears to be roughly 3/8" off, and I'm not sure what the best way to proceed is. Should I sand down the edge of the rear piece so it fits flush? Sand down the brace itself? Any ideas would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
459 Posts
Got 3 x 21 GSG BTS (Behind the screen) sub boxes being built. I’m the first one to be getting them. Picture of the new speaker wall, thanks to GSG for the setup idea. Been great working with them. Be 3 x JBL 4722n’s sitting under them. The BTS boxes are side vented for going behind the screen.

Attachments

301 - 320 of 334 Posts