AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The new patch brings the ability to have mechanical damage online. You can select from none, light, or heavy. You brush hard against a guardrail you WILL suffer damage making your car steer badly and wheel users will be fighting a possessed shaking wheel. HOWEVER, as we've seen it's a 1 one step forward one back thing. Go to Monza and at the very start on the first turn if you just go straight into the cement barrier headlong you wont suffer any damage. Not even a scratch.

NEW: 12-9-2010
https://www.gran-turismo.com/hk/gt5/signin/

Is the website to see your stats and what your friends are doing. More functionality should come but click above for your "My GT5" page.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgable /forum/post/19608725

I read it works for B-Spec too, true?

Don't know for sure. I can check that out later on. Remember guys I'm talking about mechanical damage where your car doesn't drive right because of damage. So it isn't so much a visual thing as it's a mechanical thing. Although visually I can see the car shaking in the replays and the wheel slightly wobbling.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Why in the name of Mario Andretti would they NOT make that universal in the game??? That just baffles me...

If they're going to take the time and resources to add it to online, why not add it to A-Spec?? So bizarre.

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
Hey its a start. I have been online and played he part of speed break already. I wonder how badly damaged a car will get when one of the guys who likes race backwards and run into people slams intoy you... I want a patch where if you are facing the wrong way and doing over 20MPH you get dropped.

·
Registered
7,961 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chairman7w /forum/post/19608770

If they're going to take the time and resources to add it to online, why not add it to A-Spec?? So bizarre.

Supposedly it's already there and unlocks very late in the game. The problem is I don't know anyone who's gotten far enough to verify it.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chairman7w /forum/post/19608770

Why in the name of Mario Andretti would they NOT make that universal in the game??? That just baffles me...

Dude could you imagine this game's A.I. with damage on? I don't know how many of you have played it with damage on yet but I guarantee with this weak A.I. nobody would get through a race. You can get banged up pretty bad on a nice sized hit and trust me guys it's a B to get your car around to the pits. Let me tell you it was so bad for me on Daytona I actually drove in the grass because it was easier on my wheel and arms than driving on the asphalt. No way you could complete a race against the A.I. They have to patch the A.I. before they could make this kind of damage universal

·
Registered
8,070 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by totalownership /forum/post/19608912

Dude could you imagine this game's A.I. with damage on? I don't know how many of you have played it with damage on yet but I guarantee with this weak A.I. nobody would get through a race. You can get banged up pretty bad on a nice sized hit and trust me guys it's a B to get your car around to the pits. Let me tell you it was so bad for me on Daytona I actually drove in the grass because it was easier on my wheel and arms than driving on the asphalt. No way you could complete a race against the A.I. They have to patch the A.I. before they could make this kind of damage universal

They could have DMG click on after the first lap where you leave the AI in the dust with any comparable car

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
I've only been doing B-Spec for the past few days (my driver is on the verge of level 18) and I can tell you that the AI has matured a great deal.... Just sayin'.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankJ.Cone /forum/post/19609152

They could have DMG click on after the first lap where you leave the AI in the dust with any comparable car

Comparable? Dude I'm using unreasonable and overwhelming power to get away from that A.I. lol

Also with the regular damage I can't find a ryhme or reason to it. I ran one race where I don't think I did anything more than brush against a guard rail and it was 197,000 for chassis strength. I then took same said car, didn't fix it. And abused the dogsnot out of it, went to see what it now was going to cost me and it was the same 197,000

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankthetoad /forum/post/19609212

I've only been doing B-Spec for the past few days (my driver is on the verge of level 18) and I can tell you that the AI has matured a great deal.... Just sayin'.

That's cool in B-spec. But the meat and potatoes is A-spec by a long shot. I did some B-spec the other night and my driver looked like he was 10 years old behind the wheel. But I'm only level 2 there.

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
I think I will wait for the next patch!!!!

Quote:
Gran Turismo 5's 1.03 patch goes live on PSN today, bringing with it mechanical damage to cars, and if claims are to be believed, damage to your game save.

Gran Turismo 5 shipped without mechanical damage, but players can now update the game with patch 1.03 to experience three tiers of degradation.

Light damage causes wear and tear, but the effects will wear off over time. Regen health for the win!

Regen health for the win!

Heavy damage will make the effect more severe and can only be repaied by making a pit stop. Areas for concern will be flagged up on the HUD as cars take damage.
However, NowGamer has seen a few claims from Gran Turismo 5 players across the web that stating that the patch wiped their car collection, prompting them to reinstall the game from scratch.

We're looking into the issue and have contacted Sony for comment. As soon as we hear back we'll be sure to follow up this piece to keep you updated.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankJ.Cone /forum/post/19609284

I think I will wait for the next patch!!!!

Man I hope that's a one time patch install only deal. If I get hit I don't know if I have enough enthusiasm in me to go through the game again. I'm just over half way finished with A-spec. Got the Ferrari challenge to go to finish Pro level (or whatever the 3rd one is called). To cheap to buy a Ferrari for just one series. But if you want to go online with the game you gotta install the patch from the best of my knowledge. And that's where I'm doing most of my gaming, or rather I should say , that's where my interests lie with this game.

·
Registered
3,941 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by totalownership /forum/post/19609325

Got the Ferrari challenge to go to finish Pro level (or whatever the 3rd one is called). To cheap to buy a Ferrari for just one series.

458 Italia. Best car I've come across yet - and I've used it in a few of the Expert races as well (MR and a couple other championships). I bought the 599 first and that was a mistake in comparison.

I think it cost about $260k, add some racing slicks, a couple cheap mods (exhaust, intake, and oil change), and you'll be off and running for under $350k. I keep up with my buddy's Enzo that he spent over $1m on.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballen420 /forum/post/19609351

458 Italia. Best car I've come across yet - and I've used it in a few of the Expert races as well (MR and a couple other championships). I bought the 599 first and that was a mistake in comparison.

I think it cost about $260k, add some racing slicks, a couple cheap mods (exhaust, intake, and oil change), and you'll be off and running for under $350k. I keep up with my buddy's Enzo that he spent over $1m on.

Is that a premium car or standard? I'm trying to stay FAR away from the standards but at that price I might have to reconsider.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballen420 /forum/post/19609391

Premium. Best bang for the buck that I've found so far.

Consider it as good as purchased now. Thanks for the tip. I think I know the one you're talking about. I think I was debating between that and the one that's similar to the California (or could be the Cali) the one around 350K or so.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts