AVS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello evryone

dose anyone here also thinks the same that gta 4 is too dark to play if yes then please reply

and please tell me how many notches do i have to increase in in-game brightness setting for gta 4 game

have fun

·
Registered
118 Posts
Increase it as many as you want until the image looks good to you... it's all to do with your room/projector/personal preferences. I personally like a brighter image, which sacrifices blacks, as well as a warmer image (yellowish bias) and more saturation. You should adjust it to how you like it best.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulsabo /forum/post/14207197

Increase it as many as you want until the image looks good to you... it's all to do with your room/projector/personal preferences. I personally like a brighter image, which sacrifices blacks, as well as a warmer image (yellowish bias) and more saturation. You should adjust it to how you like it best.

thanx for your reply

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulsabo /forum/post/14207197

i just want to know that is it true if your tv is properly calibrated then there are still some game who are too dark to play

i have a sony projector

·
Registered
157 Posts
For gaming, its all about the lumens. Playing GTA4 and GoW on my old L500U could only be done at night, altough the cell phone on GTA4 was still too hard to see. After getting my AX200U it was like a night and day difference, I could finally play games during the day, with the shades closed of corse.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Might want to read up on this thread explains a few ps3 settings that have helped others who had "GTA4 Too Dark" issues.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...5#post13756955

It made a difference on my 120 inch with the panny ax200U projector to switch my ps3 settings to RGB Limited (vs RGB Full), also the game itself has some contrast options that might help to tweek a bit too.

Bill

·
Registered
889 Posts
Almost everyone I know had to go to the in-game menu (under Display) and ramp up brightness, contrast and saturation. Game looks just fine after that but it makes me wonder what Rockstar was using...

·
Registered
118 Posts
^Oh, so it wasn't just me... I thought I was just used to an unreasonable level of saturation after using my nVidia's artificial vibrance enhancer on my PC... good to know I'm not weird

Oh, and I think he's on an Xbox, seeing as he made another thread about Gears of War being too dark, unless he said PS3 in one of the posts...

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thank again for everyone reply

1 - 9 of 9 Posts