1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
What does GTA mean?

·
Registered
624 Posts
I know of someone but he's more on the east side (Ajax/Whitby). If you let me know where you are I'll ask him if he's willing to travel.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Yup, too far. Sorry.

Have you tried the Yellow Pages? Or, if you live in new housing development (like I do) you could ask one of the construction workers. They usually know someone that works for someone that will do a good quality job and cheaper than hiring a contractor directly.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I saw some ads in those pennysaver flyers (don't know how good they are), but what I would do is put the drywall up myself and get a pro to tape and mudd (which is the worst part of my experience).

·
Registered
624 Posts
I wholeheartedly agree. Taping and mudding is by far the worst part of the job. I'm at this stage now and I'm ready to call in re-inforcements.

·
Registered
65 Posts
If you have the patience to mudd, sand, mudd again, sand on and on. Eventually I got through it after 2 weeks. A pro will do the same in 3 days! Finish and ready for painting.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'd like to do it myself (the hanging part of it anyways), and I think I could manage on the walls, however, the ceiling presents a real challange...seems almost impossible to me for one person to lift 5/8ths on his own, overhead and accurately screw into RC.

I'm sure I read somewhere about drywall lifts or supports one could rent. However, contracting out this part of the job including the mudding and taping seems the way to go for me.

Thanks for the help, have received a pm on the matter...wish me luck.

Mancubus> BTW, I do live in a new development, and there is more house construction happening down the road -- thanks for the tip.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.