AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Ugh, they pushed it back again, eh? Well, guess there's still time to switch my pre-order from the X360 version to the PS3 version, since I should want at least one good game for the PS3, and not just Blu-ray movies or using the hard drive as a Tivo box. Might be worth looking into. Thanks... At least I won't risk an RRoD if I go for the PS3 version, unlike the X360 (referring to waiting on Halo 3 with that update before which killed a lot of systems, but that's another topic for another platform).

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
Looking forward to this...

Adding it to my must have list right behind Wii Fit which will hopefully come out first.

As far as a delay, I still haven't started Drake's, Assasin's Creed, SMG or Metroid (all of which I already have), so in my case a little time between titles is welcomed.

·
Registered
588 Posts
lawl, I'll be surprised if this thing comes out before September (just in time for the Holidays! How unexpected!).

·
Registered
3,947 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8IronBob /forum/post/12916293

Ugh, they pushed it back again, eh? Well, guess there's still time to switch my pre-order from the X360 version to the PS3 version, since I should want at least one good game for the PS3, and not just Blu-ray movies or using the hard drive as a Tivo box. Might be worth looking into. Thanks... At least I won't risk an RRoD if I go for the PS3 version, unlike the X360 (referring to waiting on Halo 3 with that update before which killed a lot of systems, but that's another topic for another platform).

Again? This is only release date the game's had besides October of last year.

·
Registered
4,357 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8IronBob /forum/post/12916293

I'd stick with the 360 version since it appears it will have more gameplay and stories.

·
Registered
484 Posts
who really cares about downloadable content?? more than likely it will just be a handful of rehashed missions and maybe an additional car...big whoop!

Also i'm not going to support M$'s strategy of leaving out game content, so that it can be resold for an additional $$- Peter Moore has already admitted that this is what they paid rockstar all that money for

·
Registered
9,458 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbeiler /forum/post/12918266

who really cares about downloadable content?? more than likely it will just be a handful of rehashed missions and maybe an additional car...big whoop!
Also i'm not going to support M$'s strategy of leaving out game content, so that it can be resold for an additional $$- Peter Moore has already admitted that this is what they paid rockstar all that money for

What the hell are you talking about in this day and age of downloadable content?

·
Registered
2,566 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdiss88 /forum/post/12916458

lawl, I'll be surprised if this thing comes out before September (just in time for the Holidays! How unexpected!).

They were correct about releasing holiday. They were just off in the year department.

·
Registered
4,671 Posts

Quote:

+1

·
Registered
1,688 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdank /forum/post/12916647

I'd stick with the 360 version since it appears it will have more gameplay and stories.

That's a fallacy. Since the 360 version is confined to a DVD, the game has been divided into episodes. The core of the game will be on both the PS3 and 360 versions, but the PS3 version will also contain additional missions, making it a complete version of the game on one disc. The additional missions won't fit on the DVD for the 360 version, so they will be made available as additional downloadable content. With the 360 version, you will be able to get the whole game, but only if you buy the additional downloads, whereas the PS3 owners will get the whole thing with one purchase.

·
Registered
280 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by txfilmguy /forum/post/12919574

That's a fallacy. Since the 360 version is confined to a DVD, the game has been divided into episodes. The core of the game will be on both the PS3 and 360 versions, but the PS3 version will also contain additional missions, making it a complete version of the game on one disc. The additional missions won't fit on the DVD for the 360 version, so they will be made available as additional downloadable content. With the 360 version, you will be able to get the whole game, but only if you buy the additional downloads, whereas the PS3 owners will get the whole thing with one purchase.

link?

·
Registered
9,458 Posts

Quote:

Link please.

·
Banned
2,801 Posts

Quote:

Do you understand how DLC works at all? They're not leaving content out of GTAIV and charging more for it later, they're shipping the game they made and later on they will be creating DLC that includes new missions and whatnot, I've even heard there will be a whole new island added. PC games have been doing it for decades, they're called expansion packs. I think you're confusing good DLC (as is the case here), that allows you to extend your gameplay experience with a game, with bad DLC like what EA does by including content on the disc and then charging gamers money to unlock it.

Quote:

When the eff did R* ever say that? I call BS without a link.

Anyway as much as I'd prefer to play GTAIV on my PS3 as I'm sure it will be the superior version and I'm used to playing GTA with a Dualshock, I'll be getting the 360 version for the two big DL expansions.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Any news if the PS3 version will be in a higher resolution than XBOX360 maybe 1080P or 1080i? Also with a better frame rate?

I wouldnt be surprised since R* has been and continues to be one of the few publishers who remain loyal to Sony.

Also I think the exclusive download able content on XBOX Live will be something big.It was reported that Microsoft paid R* a reported $25 million for each download able episodic content.

Still though IMO I still dont see what value there is in buying a XBOX 360? Pay a subsciption service fee each year for XBOX Live.A console thats hardware is notorious for crapping out and being unstable.A cheap add on HD-DVD drive that is loooking more likely that the format will become obsolete in a few years.Mostly XBOX & XBOX 360 greatest hits games are shooter games which I dont care for and would rather play on a PC anyways.

·
Registered
5,131 Posts

Quote:

sorry but your completly wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filipinoyakuza /forum/post/12920024

Any news if the PS3 version will be in a higher resolution than XBOX360 maybe 1080P or 1080i? Also with a better frame rate?

I wouldnt be surprised since R* has been and continues to be one of the few publishers who remain loyal to Sony.

Also I think the exclusive download able content on XBOX Live will be something big.It was reported that Microsoft paid R* a reported $25 million for each download able episodic content.

Still though IMO I still dont see what value there is in buying a XBOX 360? Pay a subsciption service fee each year for XBOX Live.A console thats hardware is notorious for crapping out and being unstable.A cheap add on HD-DVD drive that is loooking more likely that the format will become obsolete in a few years.Mostly XBOX & XBOX 360 greatest hits games are shooter games which I dont care for and would rather play on a PC anyways.

R* recently said both 360 and ps3 versions are neck and neck. They said the ps3 development had lagged behind the 360 version which caused the delay but now both games run almost identically. http://www.joystiq.com/2008/01/24/ro...was-a-contrib/

1 - 20 of 23 Posts