AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
5,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a benq 8700, when I select widescreen nothing happens. I put it in 4;3 on the projector, selected widescreen, and its still 4:3, if i select wide it stretches the 4;3 image not in the center but on the outer edges to make 4;3 material look widescreen. I also have an anamorphic option but it doesnt look right. My question is what does widescreen do in this game, cause it seems to do nothing for me? Why is it not working for me?

· Registered
5,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nevermind, by process of elemination, and seeing what each input looks like in widescreen mode, anamorphic seems to be the correct selection.

I put it to 4:3 and turned widescreen off, and seen how it was suppose to look, then i switched it to widescreen, and it obviously did not look right in 4;3, so I selected anamorphic, and it looked like 4:3 did without widescreen selected.

I have underscan though on my 106 inch carada screen though? Is there anyway to eliminate that though?

· Registered
1,079 Posts
Don't know anything about the BenQ display modes; I have an InFocus.

GTA is either 4:3 or anamorphic widescreen (ie, a 4:3 signal expecting to be stretched by the display device, which you might have to manually enforce by selecting the appropriate mode on your display device).

For my InFocus, that means 16:9 mode rather than native mode.

· Banned
7,766 Posts
i do not have GTA SA yet, but if it is like the other 2 games, then the widescreen mode sucks. in other words, it give you the same horizontal view, but decreases the vertical viewing angle. if it did it proper, then the vertical viewing angle would be constant, but the horizontal angle would increase in 16:9 mode. i would definitely check it if i were you.

easiest test is to put post-its on your screen at key items and toggle the 16:9 mode.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.