AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,

I have a custom built HTPC that I have had for a while. It was my desktop machine, and I recently made it my HTPC. It has a 2 NVIDIA GTX 260's SLIed. I have used it in the past connected directly to my Panasonic TC-P65S1 Plasma without problem. I recently moved into my house, and now have an Onkyo HT-RC260 reciever. It has HDMI in and out, and is not just pass-thru.

The problem I am having is when trying to use my HTPC, I get no signal. I don't know if there is a HDCP handshake issue or what. I can sometimes get signal if I change inputs on the receiver back and forth, but not always. I have tried multiple resolutions. I have noticed it never picks up the monitor as the HT-RC260, I believe it always shows as an unknown device. Any ideas? If I connect straight to the TV it works, but not through the receiver.

I have tried going to VGA mode on restart.

Something that I find odd is that I also have an Asus G73jh laptop with a Radeon Mobility 5870 and it works fine through the receiver. It shows the monitor as HT-RC260, which is correct, as it sees and is handshaking to the receiver. Any suggestions? Thank you.

Summary:

No signal through Receiver.

Gear:

Windows 7 Ultimate

Intel Core2 Duo E8400

eVGA GTX 260 (standard)

eVGA GTX 260 Core 216

Onkyo HT-RC260

Panasonic TC-P65S1

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Seems it may be looking for your old configuration... see if you can get it configured to recognize the Onkyo, and YES, it will be doing HDCP. Be sure you have the end-to-end connected and selected from TV to O to PC and try establishing a single-monitor setup. You may want to save this as a new profile for easy recall... and be sure to set this as the new default.

Try cycling the power on the O and see if it clears up. I had an issue w/my HDMI audio and it was a HDCP issue - cycling power fixed it!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Hornfeck /forum/post/19563432

Seems it may be looking for your old configuration... see if you can get it configured to recognize the Onkyo, and YES, it will be doing HDCP. Be sure you have the end-to-end connected and selected from TV to O to PC and try establishing a single-monitor setup. You may want to save this as a new profile for easy recall... and be sure to set this as the new default.

Try cycling the power on the O and see if it clears up. I had an issue w/my HDMI audio and it was a HDCP issue - cycling power fixed it!

Thank you for your reply. Regarding saving as a new profile, are you talking about a NVIDIA profile, or System Hardware Profile?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.