Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Does anyone know of a program that boots into a separate dvd menu, instead of windows..(on a windows platform)? I would like to use standard functions like, play, stop, pause....etch... I hate the standard windows gui for dvd playing........

Best Regards

AK

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
I used to mess around with Talisman (see the link in my Sig... ) but this was a couple of years ago and has now been far outclassed by MainLobby...

Also check out the 4AM Media console or try using the search for others (media box) etc....

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Phat Phreddy,

If I was to use one of those programs, would it be possible not to "see" windows at all..?

Regards

AK

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
AK,

You could put MainLobby into your Startup and then everytime you boot your computer it will load. It hides the windows task bar and everything in the background unless you decide to minimize the software.

Many users will create buttons that say:

- Watch a Movie

- Television

- Listen to Music

- Play Games

etc.

Then the button either loads another lobby product or their selected player.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you for the link stickman...!

The only problem now is that I still wanna use my Vga connector but I want component to........:confused: Or I could do with just component IF I can connect the transcoder inside my Htpc, and have the component outputs sticking out from the backplate on the comp..........!! Hmm.... is this possible...?

Will the trancoder degrade the picture..?

Regards

AK

·
Registered
326 Posts
Get a powered splitter then you, will have a 2 vga, one for the component dongle and one for your PC monitor.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.