AVS Forum banner

4661 - 4680 of 5056 Posts

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Try setting your present queue value to 1 (default is 8) under rendering. I think this is needed with an RTX at the moment.
You mean GPU queue size? The lowest it goes is 4, and it still stuttered on 4.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Here's a screenshot of the OSD after I tried the changes. Honestly, I think my settings are all screwed up, because I followed a bunch of different guides. I probably need to start from scratch.

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
Here's a screenshot of the OSD after I tried the changes. Honestly, I think my settings are all screwed up, because I followed a bunch of different guides. I probably need to start from scratch.

As mark said, rendering times needs to be under 41ms for 24p content.

Can you take a screenshot of processing>artifact removal, rendering>trade quality for performance.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
As mark said, rendering times needs to be under 41ms for 24p content.

Can you take a screenshot of processing>artifact removal, rendering>trade quality for performance.
I unchecked everything in trade quality for performance.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
I just headed to bed. I'm getting so frustrated. I hope I'm not in over my head trying to use MadVR.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Check compromise on HDR luminance channel quality.

Is there anything checked on the artifact removal page?
I think that checking those compromises on HDR luminance/tone/gamut will minimize the advantage of madVR HDR algos, isn't it ?
With a GTX 1060 6gb I don't need to check anything in trade quality for performance for 4k display, except scale chroma separately for downscaling 4k to 1080p display.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
I think that checking those compromises on HDR luminance/tone/gamut will minimize the advantage of madVR HDR algos, isn't it ?
With a GTX 1060 6gb I don't need to check anything in trade quality for performance for 4k display, except scale chroma separately for downscaling 4k to 1080p display.

Agreed, on a 1060 you don’t need to use any compromise settings on madVR.

You can also use NGU Very High for image upscaling for 1080p -> 4K in conjunction with something like NGU AA Medium for Chroma.

Because you should never need to tone-map and up-scale at the same some since all HDR content should be 4K already, or at least it is in my experience.

·
Registered
793 Posts
There are 1080p HDR contents, eg on Netflix as well.

·
Registered
467 Posts
You mean GPU queue size? The lowest it goes is 4, and it still stuttered on 4.

In the rendering->windowed mode and rendering->exclusive mode, "how many video frames shall be presented in advance" - set to 1 and see if that helps. I think you can put your GPU queue size back to 8.

You still need to get the rendering time below 41ms for 24p content.

When I installed my RTX 2080ti Ultra (from a GTX 1070), the only change I had to make was to set the presented frames to 1 to avoid the stuttering that appeared.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
In the rendering->windowed mode and rendering->exclusive mode, "how many video frames shall be presented in advance" - set to 1 and see if that helps. I think you can put your GPU queue size back to 8.

When I installed my RTX 2080ti Ultra (from a GTX 1070), the only change I had to make was to set the presented frames to 1 to avoid the stuttering that appeared.
Okay, I'll check the settings. I'm starting from complete scratch, so I'm still trying to understand what all the settings do. I read up on MadVR, but it is very overwhelming. I want to make sure I'm using Build 113 as suggested, so how do I tell what build I'm on? I have the 113 zip file, so how do I update MadVR to 113?

·
Registered
467 Posts
It certainly can be if you dig deep into it, start with defaults and go from there, making small incremental changes if you need/want to.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts

I set it to 1, and still stuttering. Here's a screenshot.

·
Registered
JVC RS4500 | ST130 G4 135" | MRX 720 | MC303 MC152 | B&W 802D3, HTM1D3, 805D3, 702S2 | 4x15 IB Subs
8,396 Posts
I set it to 1, and still stuttering. Here's a screenshot.
yea, Dont focus on stuttering. Focus on render times in the screen shot under ave stats. Your render times are still 45ms which is too slow. Maybe grab build 112b and unzip that into the madVR folder and test that? Something is definitely wrong. Your card should be able to do a lot faster than 45ms with your settings you've posted thus far. What version of nvidia driver is installed? Did you set it to max performance not max power, for example?

·
Registered
467 Posts
Nothing jumps out at me as being a problem on the screen shot, though the render queue seems low. You can try this in madvr settings; only the artifact removal of banding medium, no image enhancements checked, don't enable automatic fullscreen, ordered dithering, and all trade quality for performance settings on (except bottom two). Does this change anything?

Reactions: noob00224

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Okay, so I set MadVR back to the defaults, and only adjusted the settings that you guys suggested. No more stuttering, and it looks amazing. Here's a screenshot. Everything look good?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Okay, so I set MadVR back to the defaults, and only adjusted the settings that you guys suggested. No more stuttering, and it looks amazing. Here's a screenshot. Everything look good?
you definitely fixed the render time. Have you set the HDR settings?

·
Registered
467 Posts
Great news, just what you want.

If you made all the changes I suggested in trade quality for performance, put them back to the default though.

4661 - 4680 of 5056 Posts