AVS Forum banner

4861 - 4880 of 5192 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
can i use rx 580 for 4K hdr tone mapping for madvr or not with 3200G igpu?
I have an RX 580 in my main computer, it works. I got an nvidia 1060 for my HTPC when I upgraded because somewhere around here it says nvidia works a bit better overall, even with the same specs.
But the 580 is ok, I wouldn't spend money on another card personally. I definitely wouldn't get a 1660 or 2060 myself, but of course everyone's desires and budgets are different. can you not test the 580 yourself?

·
Registered
792 Posts
I have an RX 580 in my main computer, it works. I got an nvidia 1060 for my HTPC when I upgraded because somewhere around here it says nvidia works a bit better overall, even with the same specs.
But the 580 is ok, I wouldn't spend money on another card personally. I definitely wouldn't get a 1660 or 2060 myself, but of course everyone's desires and budgets are different. can you not test the 580 yourself?
what is your setting for madvr on ur 580 pc?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Got my 2070S and going to give this another try. If anyone can point me to a good setup guide I would appreciate it. I thought I had found one here but I can't seem to locate it again. I can use Kodi, Plex, VLC, Pot Player, JRiver or MPC. I will be trying things out on a LG C865 in panel. Main goal is smooth playing getting rid of artifacts and, of course good upscaling. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
7,613 Posts
Got my 2070S and going to give this another try. If anyone can point me to a good setup guide I would appreciate it. I thought I had found one here but I can't seem to locate it again. I can use Kodi, Plex, VLC, Pot Player, JRiver or MPC. I will be trying things out on a LG C865 in panel. Main goal is smooth playing getting rid of artifacts and, of course good upscaling. Thanks in advance!

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=259188

Reactions: noob00224

·
Registered
7,613 Posts
if i want to buy mitx mb ( amd or intel) with igpu for watching 4k with hdr tone mapping, what mb i shall buying for it?

Not sure there is an igpu that is strong enough to do tone mapping. The closest bet may be a Ryzen APU, but don't think they're strong enough and I believe they have their own issues with HDR. That may have been worked out I haven't kept up.

Reactions: noob00224

·
Registered
11,835 Posts
Nvidia 2080 card...10 core Intel CPU here.

It seems no matter what settings I play with I get little bits of ?judder? here and there on 4K HDR that isn’t reflected by the display stats in MPC-BE 1.5.5.

I’ve tried to do a search on this and see some people reporting trouble with the 2080, but I haven’t found a clear solution. 1080p media is fine. I’ve tried slightly different chroma a dithering settings, I changed the nvidia control panel to prefer max performance. Some clips are worse than others. Any suggestions?

Epson 5040UB projector
Denon x7200wa
I7 6950x + nvidia 2080
Win10 ver. 2004

Like this 4K HDR demo scene from Bladerunner. Stats look fine but multiple little hitches that aren’t being counted.

·
Registered
1,977 Posts

It seems no matter what settings I play with I get little bits of ?judder? here and there on 4K HDR that isn’t reflected by the display stats in MPC-BE 1.5.5.

I’ve tried to do a search on this and see some people reporting trouble with the 2080, but I haven’t found a clear solution. 1080p media is fine. I’ve tried slightly different chroma a dithering settings, I changed the nvidia control panel to prefer max performance. Some clips are worse than others. Any suggestions?

Epson 5040UB projector
Denon x7200wa
I7 6950x + nvidia 2080
Win10 ver. 2004

In the nvidia control panel turn on vsync.

You can also just turn on vsync for MPC-BE if you don’t want it enabled globally.

·
Registered
11,835 Posts
In the nvidia control panel turn on vsync.

You can also just turn on vsync for MPC-BE if you don’t want it enabled globally.

Frame synchronization is all grayed out

and in MadVR is this what you are talking about? Or another location (I’ve tried toggling this to no effect)

I keep vsync off for gaming at my desktop with gsync. How can I turn it on only for this app? That’d be ideal. (Assuming it fixes it)

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Frame synchronization is all grayed out

and in MadVR is this what you are talking about? Or another location (I’ve tried toggling this to no effect)

I keep vsync off for gaming at my desktop with gsync. How can I turn it on only for this app? That’d be ideal. (Assuming it fixes it)

No you are not looking in the correct place.

First pic is media player settings, second pic is madvr settings.

You need to do this in the nvidia control panel.

https://cdn.wccftech.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/FastSync.png

Set vertical sync to On.

If it works out then you can go to the Program Settings tab in that same window and add MPC-BE and apply the vsync On setting just to that program.

·
Registered
JVC RS4500 | ST130 G4 135" | MRX 720 | MC303 MC152 | B&W 802D3, HTM1D3, 805D3, 702S2 | 4x15 IB Subs
8,786 Posts
if i want to buy mitx mb ( amd or intel) with igpu for watching 4k with hdr tone mapping, what mb i shall buying for it?
Sorry, I don't see this working at all.

·
Registered
JVC RS4500 | ST130 G4 135" | MRX 720 | MC303 MC152 | B&W 802D3, HTM1D3, 805D3, 702S2 | 4x15 IB Subs
8,786 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts

Epson 5040UB projector
Denon x7200wa
I7 6950x + nvidia 2080
Win10 ver. 2004

Like this 4K HDR demo scene from Bladerunner. Stats look fine but multiple little hitches that aren’t being counted.
In the rendering->windowed mode and rendering->exclusive mode, "how many video frames shall be presented in advance" - set to 1 and see if that helps.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
In the image upscaling section, I am setting it to NGU Sharp, and the algorithm quality chroma, is set to high. When I check the OSD while playing a movie, it's saying chroma>NGU Sharp (low). Shouldn't it be saying (high), since that's what I set it to?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,192 Posts
In the image upscaling section, I am setting it to NGU Sharp, and the algorithm quality chroma, is set to high. When I check the OSD while playing a movie, it's saying chroma>NGU Sharp (low). Shouldn't it be saying (high), since that's what I set it to?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Take a screenshot of the OSD, and scaling algorithms>chroma upscaling and scaling algorithms>image upscaling.

·
Registered
378 Posts
my frame rate seems high hdfury reads 23.977. is this driver related. dispay on osd is reading 23.98. repeating fram every 4.4 min

4861 - 4880 of 5192 Posts