AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a Link to a Guide for this?, as soon as Im done remodelling my PC room and moving stuff around I want to look into trying to fix my color convergence problem, which has gotten worse since i got the TV Day 1, (about 9 Months ago)

I cant attribute what caused it to get worse .. so.. Im pretty sure after i remodel nothing magnetic will be near it, right now My DVR Box (Moto DCT6416) is Directly on Top of the TV (glass shelf half of an inch above the TV)... I wouldn't think that would cause it.. but the more i think about the DVR Power Supply the more i think it could be the cause..

Anyway.. I tried searching Google and there was no Guide to this,

I Need to know what magnets to buy and where to put them on a Sony KV30HS420, 30 Inch Flat HDTV

·
Registered
97 Posts
Should I let a tech take my tv in and probably replace the tube to fix the problem. I doubt they will know of anything else to do. I am just worried that the new tube will have terrible geometry and convergence. My tv is great besides this one lingering color blotch.

Another thing, what exactly is involved when they replace the tube? Is it a completely internal procedure, or will it involve the front glass as well? I have no idea how this works. Please let me know if you have any advice. -CK

·
Registered
521 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkateZilla /forum/post/0

Does anyone have a Link to a Guide for this?, as soon as Im done remodelling my PC room and moving stuff around I want to look into trying to fix my color convergence problem, which has gotten worse since i got the TV Day 1, (about 9 Months ago)

I cant attribute what caused it to get worse .. so.. Im pretty sure after i remodel nothing magnetic will be near it, right now My DVR Box (Moto DCT6416) is Directly on Top of the TV (glass shelf half of an inch above the TV)... I wouldn't think that would cause it.. but the more i think about the DVR Power Supply the more i think it could be the cause..

Anyway.. I tried searching Google and there was no Guide to this,

I Need to know what magnets to buy and where to put them on a Sony KV30HS420, 30 Inch Flat HDTV

the d v r could be the culprit power supply electric motor for the spinning hard drive and some magnets inside, even some "shielded speakers place on top or very close to the sides, along with lamps and hi watt/flouresent bulbs, airconditioner kicking in power surge
. It is almost always a mystery

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastxbr960 /forum/post/0

the d v r could be the culprit power supply electric motor for the spinning hard drive and some magnets inside, even some "shielded speakers place on top or very close to the sides, along with lamps and hi watt/flouresent bulbs, airconditioner kicking in power surge
. It is almost always a mystery

im starting to believe its either the DVR Box, or My PC, the rear of my PC is 2 Feet or so from the side of the TV where the Pulling is at its worst, actually its prolly both the PC and DVR, since the Red seems to pull to the Upper Right,

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.