AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can any Pavers' currently on the market be used with Gemstar's Guide plus+ TV guides listing? These guides are downloaded nightly to RCA/Proscan TV's and work much like those available for TiVo and Showstopper Pavers'. This system works as follows:

The guide grid on the TV is linked through an IR controller that is placed on a VCR's infrared remote sensor window. Clicking on a show in the guide grid will turn on the VCR to the appropriate channel and then turn it off when the program is finished recording.

I am unable to find a listing of control codes for any PVR's which might resemble those of a VCR. Any help with this would be appreciated.

·
Registered
849 Posts
However, the PVR cards for the PC that use the nVidia Personal Cinema chips do use that listing. I just received mine.

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
ditto for the ALL-IN-WONDER RADEON however for me PC PVR doesn't come close to simple extract_rtv mpegs. At the moment Replay scaled w/ DScaler looks sharp and I can't wait to alternately try out the 4000 doubler just as a convenience. Would be nice if we could load those listings if there was nothing else but the Ethernet variation of the current system should be reliable for all with BB.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.