AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't see this anywhere, but I was wondering if there is a 'shortcut' to go to the last show in the replay guide on the remote.

I know '1' brings you to the 1st show and '0' brings you to the bottom of the guide, but what about a shortcut to go to the last show in the guide?

·
Registered
6,497 Posts
9 will bring you closest

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What is the logic to this? I tried 9, but that didn't do anything.

1 brings me to the top, 2 does nothing, 3 brings me to the "G's", 4 does nothing, 5 brings me to the "J's", 6 brings me to the "M's", 7 brings me to the "R's", 8 brings me to the "T's", 9 does nothing, and 0 brings me to the end of the guide.

It's obvious it's in alphabetical order, but why doesn't it go to the end? Can you adjust the way shows are listed to accomplish this?

Thanks for a "real" reply Bayside...will he resist any easy comeback?:D

·
Registered
6,497 Posts
If you have no channel starting with the alpha chars included in 9 (W,X,Y) then it won't do anything. The numerals translate to alpha chars as found on a telephone dialer. So if 9 doesn't do anything, try 8, and so on.

[comeback] You do know how to dial a phone, don't you?[/comeback]

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by BaysideBas
If you have no channel starting with the alpha chars included in 9 (W,X,Y) then it won't do anything. The numerals translate to alpha chars as found on a telephone dialer. So if 9 doesn't do anything, try 8, and so on.

[comeback] You do know how to dial a phone, don't you?[/comeback]
Thanks for the info Bayside...and BTW, ever since getting this Nokia 3650 cell phone with the "old style" rotary configuration, I have to re-learn how to "dial" a phone.;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.