AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just noticed this and thought I'd mention this here in case there's still time for the information to benefit anyone else.

Showtime is variously listing this show as "The L Word" and "The L-Word" in the electronic guide. For example, the premiere was aired as "The L-Word" but tonight's show is listed as "The L Word." The program wouldn't have recorded tonight if I hadn't noticed this in time. It looks like the only way around this is to create two separate "Show" or "Theme" channels until Showtime decides to stick with one title.

HTH.

·
Registered
493 Posts
The same thing happened when Fox added the accent over the "e" in "My Big Fat Obnoxious Fiance".

·
Registered
613 Posts
the same happened when Enterprise became Star Trek: Enterprise. For a few weeks I was wondering why I wasn't getting new episodes.... This thing is supposed to read my mind, right? :D

·
Registered
493 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by kcgr
the same happened when Enterprise became Star Trek: Enterprise. For a few weeks I was wondering why I wasn't getting new episodes.... This thing is supposed to read my mind, right? :D
Well, of course it is, as long as you paid the mindreader activation fee. Yes, I still come home Wednesday nights and look for "Star Trek: Enterprise" under "E" and yell, "D'oh!!" when it's not there, before a second later I remember to scroll down further in the guide. There is not much fuzzy logic to these mosheens.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Darn I missed it last night.....the machine called home after I checked and the guide updated from "The L-Word" to "The L Word". Fortunately it airs again tonight.

Of course, to make things harder....PRG has it as "The L-Word" And, worse the name matching doesn't care about the '-'. So a scheduled recording for "The L Word" matches the PRG listing of "The L-Word". Though scheduling by remote is a problem.....

The Dreamer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.