AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Can't see the video from work but the FAQ had a lot of good news in it. This will likely be a day 1 purchase for me. I'm glad they continued with the ability to create level capped PvP toons as I tend to lean more towards PvP in MMO's and i'm not a big fan of spending month's levelling a toon through PvE just to be competitive.

·
Registered
19,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENiGmA1987 /forum/post/17040445

Most of the video is concept art, but man the world does look amazing. I like Guild Wars for quite a while till NC Soft destroyed the games balance, I hope I will enjoy GW2 for a long while too.

Yeah, ignore the first part of the trailer- but the last part is all in game stuff - All in game screenshots:

·
Registered
408 Posts
Purdy eye candy makes a game not. Especially an MMO where you will be seeing those same visuals a lot. An MMO needs critical player mass to come alive, and steep hardware requirements will undercut number of people. Part of why WoW is so huge is system reqs are quite low compared to most other games.

Then again, if the plan is you pay for the box and gaming is free, player retention is not high on the list. And eye candy does help to sell boxes.

I generally find that in MMOs that do cost per month, a great deal of effort goes towards keeping existing people entertained.

Anyways, hope this game 'does it' for you. Me, the best MMO I ever played is still original Everquest circa Planes of Power.

·
Registered
60 Posts
that looks a lot better than the first game. i played guild wars when it first came out, but im not a huge fan of mmo games, and i lose intrest in 1/2 months. hopefully it will be open world and not a story based mmo that locks you into a certain area until its time to move on, like the first one did.

Also, is it just me, or is there a resemblance?

·
Registered
12,184 Posts
As a gamer who has put 1,000+ hours into Guild Wars (mostly PvP), I am REALLY looking forward to this release! Thanks for the posting the media links.

·
Registered
728 Posts
I really enjoyed the first one. Can't beat free to play! Sounds like they really are going out of their way to make this revolutionary. We'll see...

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
I'm not sure that news is super exciting. I can understand wanting to put 2 levels on each night, or whatever, but the levelling curve in an MMO actually has a fairly important role. It tapers off the differences between players in terms of stats as they get into higher levels and there is less disparity when grouping / pvp'ing as a result of 10-20 hours difference in playtime.

·
Registered
728 Posts
OMG, that looks friggin sweet!!!!!!!

I may actually go against my "no pre-ordering" rule and pre-order! Totally awesome!

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
Looks fantasic yet I dont think its going to be a WOW killer. Hell I dont know if anything will be a wow killer but wow (new expansion).

I may have to check GW2 out, never played GW.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts