AVS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I recently finished GHIII on "Medium", which "unlocked" a Dragonforce song.

I can't seem to find the song on the setlist to play it again. Does anyone know if there is a way to play it other than when you finish the game?

Thanks,

-JR

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Its in the bonus songs. When you are looking at your setlist press blue for bonus songs or orange for dlc songs.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Bingo and good luck, I think that song has been the death of many people. Check out the Expert videos on youtube of the song. It made me realize that am not in any way, shape, or form, near being a Guitar Hero.

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you!

It was insane on Medium, I can't even imagine what it'd be like on Expert. I'll have to check on those youtube videos!

-JR

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
I literally went into practice mode for this song on expert, put the speed on SLOWEST, and practiced for about 20 minutes and STILL could not hit the first 10 notes even when leaving the speed setting on slowest.

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'd never heard of this band until this game, and just checked them out on the Zune marketplace. Holy Crow, that's some serious guitar/drum work!

-JR

·
Registered
9,280 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuiceRocket /forum/post/12935787

I'd never heard of this band until this game, and just checked them out on the Zune marketplace. Holy Crow, that's some serious guitar/drum work!

-JR

I wonder how many months in the studio it takes herman li to finally nail a solo.

man they suck live.

·
Registered
5,131 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuiceRocket /forum/post/12935787

-JR

the drummer is capable but teh guitarists just shred mindlessly when on stage. I'll take john petrucci or good ole eddy V any day.

·
Registered
176 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by formulanerd /forum/post/12935847

I wonder how many months in the studio it takes herman li to finally nail a solo.

man they suck live.

QTF, I've seen them live twice, and both times Herman and Sam were beyond sloppy. In the faster runs of Through the Fire and Flames as well as Operation Ground Pound, they simply sounded like a wall of slurred, poorly fretted notes.

Suprisingly, they were only totally smashed the first time I saw them, the second time they looked quite sober, but still sucked it up.

They cop-out on the intro of TTFaF live as well, as in person they let the keyboardist play the whole thing, while on the record (and GHIII) it's 2 guitar lines and a little bit of keyboard thrown in.

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's a shame. Being in a band for a while myself, I remember how much manipulation can go into making (or building if you want to call it that) and album. I can see where they'd shine in the studio but not live.

-JR

1 - 11 of 11 Posts