AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just found a refurb for $77. Is it worth it? I have it for the PS2 already. Do I need to bother with the PS3 version?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
I wouldn't. I got the PS3 version but my friend got the PS2. If you already have it i wouldn't botter. It's the same, with better graphics and i don't think you can d/ld songs on the PS2 but right now... i haven't d/lded any except the free ones so....

I would say keep your money, not worth it. You could get Rock Band for PS3 instead

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashboard /forum/post/13010823

I wouldn't. I got the PS3 version but my friend got the PS2. If you already have it i wouldn't botter. It's the same, with better graphics and i don't think you can d/ld songs on the PS2 but right now... i haven't d/lded any except the free ones so....

I would say keep your money, not worth it. You could get Rock Band for PS3 instead

I was thinking about RB. Would give me a game my girlfriend could play as well.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashboard /forum/post/13010823

I would say keep your money and buy a real instrument. If you want to be in a band, take the time to learn how to play and join or start one. I still think it's the dumbest idea for a game, and this is after playing it.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakkosmurf /forum/post/13013416

I would say keep your money and buy a real instrument. If you want to be in a band, take the time to learn how to play and join or start one. I still think it's the dumbest idea for a game, and this is after playing it.

Who said he wanted to be in a band?!?

Anyone else roll their eyes every time they read one of these "buy a real instrument" replies?

OK - you're in a band......we GET IT! It's not cool when you force the situation where you tell everyone you're a musician. It has to be organic, dude.

·
Registered
603 Posts

Quote:

Dude... it's a game and it's fun... While you're in your room practicing your guitar with your headphones on me and the kid are on a world tour and just played Stockholm (flew their on our new jet), we now need to play another venue to get a sound guy.

I'd start another band but at 41 my wife might think I'm going through some kind of crisis or something...

If you don't like Guitar Hero you should try Rock band; the drums are great!

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
If you have it on PS2 already just skip it. Do you guys get dizzy from playing this game. I guess it's the scrolling patterns on the guitar neck but the first time I played it I swore I was having an acid flashback! EVerything you look at has the illusion of moving or being wavy. I can't play it more than an hour at a time for this reason. Just me?

·
Registered
1,125 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auditor_Kevin /forum/post/13013916

OK - you're in a band......we GET IT! It's not cool when you force the situation where you tell everyone you're a musician. It has to be organic, dude.

You made a very incorrect assumption. Where did I say I was in a band?

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the posts guys. I think I might get RB in the near future.

And I already have a real guitar, a SRV Strat, thank you very much
...does that mean I can't play a Guitar video game?

·
Registered
3,289 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by imdjenk /forum/post/13015240

If you have it on PS2 already just skip it. Do you guys get dizzy from playing this game. I guess it's the scrolling patterns on the guitar neck but the first time I played it I swore I was having an acid flashback! EVerything you look at has the illusion of moving or being wavy. I can't play it more than an hour at a time for this reason. Just me?

No not just you. I got a nice headache along the way but it went away after more playing. Your eye muscles arent used to such a workout.

As for getting the PS3 version , why not? It has DLC which the PS2 doesnt but then I would rather get RB instead if I were you.

·
Registered
382 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by imdjenk /forum/post/13015240

Yes, it has a strange affect on me when I play. When I play for a while, if I look at something, for insance a vase, my dog, it seems to have the illusion of getting further away, kind of like the nightmare when your running down a hall that just keeps getting longer. Once I re-focus my eyes it goes away. I thought it was just me.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I have GH2 for PS2, sold the PS2 and going to sale the GH2 guitar because it doesn't work on the PS3 very well. I'm going to get GHIII, do I keep GH2 or is it not compatible with the GHIII guitar?

·
Registered
3,335 Posts

Quote:

"The dumbest idea for a game"? I'm sure EA, Activison, HMX, RO beg to differ as they are all using $100 bills for toliet tissue right now.

As blatantly wrong and misinformed on the genre as you are, you're entitled your opinion.

·
Registered
4,478 Posts

Quote:

And, I think people who post drivel like this are the biggest tools on the internet.

Oh, and I've been in bands for the last 20 years. You're still an ass.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
I would say get the game AND a real instrument. You'd be surprised what Guitar Hero and Rock Band can do for your rhythm when it comes to playing real instruments. Air guitar becomes instantly better!

Seriously though, as a musician myself, I really enjoy the aspects of Guitar Hero and Rock Band. Will Rock Band replace my real drum set any time soon? No, but it is a nice stop-gap for when I can't practice, or if I just want to kick back and jam late in the evening. Plus the community aspect is great!

-Brad

·
Registered
588 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyHTPC /forum/post/13016480

As for getting the PS3 version , why not? It has DLC

Not to mention online play, even though everyone online is terrible and make me look like Jimi Hendrix.

·
Registered
588 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auditor_Kevin /forum/post/13013916

Anyone else roll their eyes every time they read one of these "buy a real instrument" replies?

Yes, I definitely do. I once made a post explaining how I liked GH3 more than RB and one of the RB fans promptly told me to play a real instrument if I want a challenge. I have an Ibanez and I play when I feel, but that still doesn't mean I don't want a challenging rhythm video game.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts