AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the first PS2 game since Katamari that has completely pulled me away from the XBOX (and now my new 360).

I have to admit that I am a sucker for games with goofy controllers. I bought two sets of maracas for Samba de Amigo (it still comes out at parties), bought Steel Battalion, and now this. Check out the review at Gamespot, it really nails what is great about this game. I picked it up at Best Buy yesterday, started playing at 10:00 pm and finally had to pull myself away at 2:00 am because I had to get some sleep!

Has anyone else had a chance to play it? Thoughts?

·
Registered
190 Posts
I have seen that played at best buy, looks like a great deal of fun. I couldn't bring myself to play it though, kinda afraid I might like it and want to buy.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Your not a real man till you beat Bark at the Moon on hard.

I got this game for Christmas and it's been the only thing I've done since. Never did I think BF2 (PC) would be put on hold for this long.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Guitar Hero is bloody F&*#ing awesome!

I too am a sucker for this stuff like Samba and the EyeToy games...but GH is probably the best of the bunch.

Just got it yesterday so I'm only about halfway through the "medium" set. This game has great balance...challenging but attainable. I can't wait to be able to wail on expert.

I get a little woozy after I'm done playing from the way the fretboard scrolls toward you. I'm like completely disoriented.

I may have to get a second guitar controller...

It's ironic that my real guitars sit there and collect dust while I play this game... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
This is funny since I was just coming here to start a thread on Guitar Heros to see if anyone else got it over the holidays and see what they thought.

The game is fantastic fun. It's also the first video game my wife has shown even an ounce of interest in. She loves the game as much as I do and we end up fighting for a song.

Dare I say that this is a killer app? This game is like my kayaks. Once I get someone to try it out, all they do is talk about getting one themselves. Even my friends without a PS2 are talking about bucking up for one just so they can play this game.

For anyone interested in a second controller - from what I read they aren't available anywhere other than the manufacturer of the game (Red Octane). And I hear that 2 player Vs. mode is even more awesome than single player, with a gauge in the middle that points to whomever is 'winning the crowd over' more.

I ordered my second controller a couple days ago. :D

·
Registered
20 Posts
I bought it for my bud at christmas, and got hooked playing it. Now I'm trying to get a copy for myself, but the damn thing is sold out. I can't wait to battle him in multiplayer!

Larry

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tron999
I bought it for my bud at christmas, and got hooked playing it. Now I'm trying to get a copy for myself, but the damn thing is sold out. I can't wait to battle him in multiplayer!

Larry
At this point I'd say the best bet for finding it would be by going directly to the company's website where they sell all the same products.

Anyone get past the game on hard yet? I'm just beginning to learn that fifth fret.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Still working on medium here. I'm not going to move up until I hit 5 stars on all the songs I really like.

It would be nice if they had some sort of practice mode where you could consistently work on things like hammer-ons/pull-offs, and chord changes. Sort of like an extension of the tutorials.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
I just picked this up earlier in the week, have completed everything on medium but no 5 stars yet. Do you need 100% to get a 5 star???

For those that bought an extra guitar how is the multiplayer? I definitely plan on getting the sequel which is supposed to have even better mp but if I could get my girlfriend hooked and the existing mp is decent I'd go find an extra guitar now.

The sad thing about this game is I would have never gone near it until I found out one of my favorite singers did the guitar modeling for the game and sang the title track - and now I'm hooked and am spending more time on my long sleeping ps2 than my 360.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Funny...I bought it a few days ago but haven't opened it yet. But soon... :D

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
I figured out why I wasn't getting 5-stars even though I had high percentages and good scores... I wasn't getting the super long streaks I needed and saving my star power for the right spots when it was maxed out. Gai, open it now. :)

·
Registered
536 Posts
I've cleared everything except for the last two tracks on Expert. Even got Bark at the Moon to 99% completed and died on the second-to-last note. I love playing BatM on Hard, but Expert is still kind of painful.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I got it last week and it's like a drug, very addictive. I have finished everything on Expert excpet Cowboys from Hell and Bark At The Moon. I was 80% done with CfH when I failed lol. Don't even think about getting this, just get it you won't regret it. Also Guitar Hero 2 was announced for the Fall.

Go to Scorehero.com for more info and cool stuff about the game.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.