AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
8,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The official news on Guitar Hero Van Halen, - or at least the release date (12/22/09) and full setlist..according to MTV Multiplayer

Van Halen Songs

"Ain't Talkin Bout Love"

"And The Cradle Will Rock"

"Atomic Punk"

"Beautiful Girls"

"Cathedral" (solo)

"Dance The Night Away"

"Eruption" (solo)

"Everybody Wants Some"

"Feel Your Love Tonight"

"Hang Em High"

"Hear About It Later"

"Hot For Teacher"

"Ice Cream Man"

"I'm The One"

"Jamie's Cryin"

"Jump"

"Little Guitars"

"Loss Of Control"

"Mean Street"

"Panama"

"Pretty Woman"

"Romeo Delight"

"Running With The Devil"

"So This Is Love"

"Somebody Get Me A Doctor"

"Spanish Fly" (solo)

"Unchained"

"You Really Got Me"

Non-Van Halen Tracks

Alter Bridge - "Come To Life"
Billy Idol - "White Wedding"

Blink-182 - "First Date"

The Clash - "Safe European Home"

Deep Purple - "Space Truckin"

Foo Fighters - "Best Of You"

Foreigner - "Double Vision"

Fountains of Wayne - "Stacy's Mom"

Jimmy Eat World - "Pain"
Judas Priest - "Painkiller"

Killswitch Engage - "The End Of Heartache"

Lenny Kravitz - "Rock And Roll Is Dead"
The Offspring - "Pretty Fly For A White Guy"

Queen - "I Want It All"
Queens of the Stone Age - "Sick, Sick, Sick"
Tenacious D - "Master Exploder"

Third Eye Blind - "Semi-Charmed Life"

Weezer - "Dope Nose"

Yellowcard - "The Takedown"

Non-VH choices are interesting in well....the choices. Some good stuff there, although some of that exists in RB (which I bolded, but may have missed some).

AS to the VH tunes? This is maybe 2-3 tracks shy of the old classic VH mix CD that I dragged around in my car for years (and is still a playlist on the iPod). And not a single sign of the Red Rocker anywhere!!!!(perhaps there is a God after all
- yes, I came to despise "Van Hagar")

Maybe I should ask for GH gear & this for XMAS?
Not so sure - but it does look like GHWT band kits are getting dumped to $99 most everywhere now or soon in anticipation for GH5 & it's new goodies.

But it does seem that GH: VH will be GH: Aerosmith/Metallica, but w/ a VH paintjob. But the DLR-era Van Halen fan in me is feeling the pull of GH again....a little.

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
Bold all the songs that were in GH which HMX keeps adding as DLC.

Anyway i'm not interested in this. They keep making band-centric games where you have to really be a big fan to want to play them. All i want is RB:GNR

·
Registered
493 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BASHERS33 /forum/post/16957606

Bold all the songs that were in GH which HMX keeps adding as DLC.

Anyway i'm not interested in this. They keep making band-centric games where you have to really be a big fan to want to play them. All i want is RB:GNR

RB:GnR or GH:GnR would get me off the sidelines and strumming plastic.

·
Registered
8,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweakophyte /forum/post/16959291

No Top Jimmy?

That'd be one of the tracks I consider "missing" as well. That one & "Secrets" from Diver Down round out my on the road, 100% Sammy-free VH iPod compilation.

However, for the most part the game's VH tracks virtually match the band's setlist from the 2007 tour w/ Diamond Dave - not surprised.

I'd far perfer this entire setlist as RB DLC, but depending on how this turns out, I could see getting it & maybe grab a used GH Wii guitar (doubt I really need a GH drumkit in my house). But then again, I keep remembering how much I ended up NOT liking GH games overall VS RB.

Oh well.....we shall see how this one turns out. But I still REALLY wanna play Romeo Delight & Panama in a frickin' video game!

·
Registered
927 Posts
I just received my email confirmation for the free Guitar Hero: Van Halen offer.

I had pre-ordered it and picked it up the 1st day it came out, but waited about a week to send in the required materials/proof of purchased to the Free offer site.

I sent mine to the California address since it wasnt a PO box and I thought most folks would send theirs to the main address shown.

Of course the game doesnt come out for another 2 months though.

Not sure how they can promise getting us the game in 4-6 weeks after we send in the stuff if the game wont be out by then.

Anyways, Here is the e-mail they sent me.

Hope you get yours soon.

"Dear Guitar Hero® Fan,

Thank you for purchasing Guitar Hero® 5 and for deciding to take advantage of the Guitar Hero® Van Halen® offer.

We have received your redemption materials so we know you're ready to rock! Your game will be packed and shipped to you soon.

We hope you're as excited to play Guitar Hero Van Halen as we are!

All the best and keep rocking,

The Guitar Hero Team

P.S. If you're planning to redeem additional copies of Guitar Hero Van Halen, you must purchase Guitar Hero 5 by October 1, 2009 and postmark your redemption materials by October 31, 2009. Click here for more details."
http://hub.guitarhero.com/vanhalengameoffer/index.php

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
Yeah I got that email also and I also sent mine in a week after purchase. Sent mine to the MN address is the only difference between us.

And they say 4-6 weeks because the people who bought GH5 receive the VH game before its release date.

·
Registered
8,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Did my online registration & sent my offer stuff to the CA address during Labor Day wknd. As of 9/15, my order had been processed & I would be getting GH:VH in 4-6 weeks. Based on that timeframe, anyone who did the offer by mid Sept should get the game at least a month before it hits retail (12/23/09, last I read).

My only hope is that, like GH5 that preceeded it, GH:VH for Wii will feature RB controller compatibility. If not, this game will either be gifted to my GH guitar owning brother in law or posted on ebay.

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
Well if it doesn't work with RB controllers just keep it and import. I bet it will even be importable from day 1 anyway.

You know what they should do is sell import codes only and give you breaks on prices. And for this offer they could hyave said if you don't take the physical disc you can have that game and the metallica one as import codes or something. Then it would also keep people from keeping the codes and selling the physical copies.

·
Registered
8,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
There has been talk that other GH titles - mainly the artist-centered ones - will also be available to import into GH5. IT is possible, although I doubt it'll be available immediately.

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
Well they better hurry up and finish out smash hits because it's pissing me off I spent $50 and didn't try to resell it and I want to play about 10 more songs off of it minimum and I don't want to play it on anything other than GH5!

I like some songs from the metallica game (unforgiven, sad but true, skynyrd version of tuesday's gone, etc...) and the aerosmith game, but I sure hope I don't dumbly spend $100 for those. I already think it sucks I spent $50 for just a few songs I like on smash hits.

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
Someone on the GH site claimed his status changed to processing and that he called and was told his copy was shipped yesterday and he will get it within 1 week.

I looked at mine and mine is still showing as verified rather than processing. Who knows if that guy was telling the truth, but it seemed like he probably was.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Whats the correct site to check your GH VH status?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BASHERS33 /forum/post/17292644

Someone on the GH site claimed his status changed to processing and that he called and was told his copy was shipped yesterday and he will get it within 1 week.

I looked at mine and mine is still showing as verified rather than processing. Who knows if that guy was telling the truth, but it seemed like he probably was.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Some people received their 360 copy of GH:VH today. Came in just a cardboard envelope via regular mail. No official packaging.

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
Blah well that sucks that you don't get a normal wii case. Sigh. But I guess for free you can't complain. Well you can, but it will do no good.

Mine still hasn't changed to processing status.

I am ready for this since I'm stuck on the remaining songs on GH5 and they still haven't added GHSH imports other than the first batch.

·
Registered
8,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisOneKidMongo /forum/post/17302296

What the--who are you? Did you maybe hit your head over the weekend?

Candidate for thread reply of the month.....

·
Registered
147 Posts
Just posting to say I got mine in the mail today. Yeah it comes in a cardboard sleeve and they give a web address where you can download the manual (as if anyone reads those). I was pleasantly surprised at how quick these were sent out. Usually mail in offers take a while.

·
Registered
8,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by exx /forum/post/17305087

Just posting to say I got mine in the mail today. Yeah it comes in a cardboard sleeve and they give a web address where you can download the manual (as if anyone reads those). I was pleasantly surprised at how quick these were sent out. Usually mail in offers take a while.

Is yours the Wii version? So far, those on the GH forums that have got their copy have all been for 360.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.