AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

· Registered
4,141 Posts
For me it "helped" the problem, but mine is still not responding the way I think it should. I can't imagine that it is supposed to be acting the way it is, so I may hurry and try to get it exchanged even though their forum support guy ignored me on how to do it.

· Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by BASHERS33 /forum/post/15419460

For me it "helped" the problem, but mine is still not responding the way I think it should. I can't imagine that it is supposed to be acting the way it is, so I may hurry and try to get it exchanged even though their forum support guy ignored me on how to do it.

Why do you say "helped"?

My situation, other than the guitar that only strums upward (replacement already on order) is that the red drum pad and yellow cymbal have to be hit much harder and/or in specific places to register. I'm hoping that the tuning kit resolves it, plus since we bought it 2 months before Xmas, I'm 2/3 thru my 90 day warranty even though we only just opened it.

This truly blows, I think I will not buy another Activision combo hardware/software product at launch ever again (but it was the classic holiday dilemma, buy it now or not find it in time for the holiday).

· Registered
4,141 Posts
In the future maybe RB will have instruments which work on both game types and then we could get theirs instead.

But anyway it helped in that it works better, but it still doesn't seem right. It seems I don't have to hit them as hard after I tuned it, but still I have to hit in a TINY area on the pad or it won't register still and also sometimes it randomly doesn't register even in the little area either.

Some people said a wire was loose in the original batch of drums so that tuning it helps, but it still doesn't solve it because a wire is loose regardless.

· Registered
4,141 Posts
Basically you hook up a midi to usb cord from your drum kit to the computer and fine tune them that way. If you don't want to buy the cable (as I didn't), you can ask them to send you a free one which takes a week or two to get. You have to tell them you're having drum issues though and give them the number inside the wii remote area of the drum kit because I think they are going to sell the tuning kits at some point so they don't want to just give them free unless you have issues.

I noticed though it listed it as "drum tuning kit - basic" so I am assuming they may have some premium one also???

Anyway I ams tillw aiting on my replacement drums and they said it will be reset to factory condition when I get that, as the settings are stored in the main drum pads (brain) and so since that is what I am exchanging, it will reset mine back.

· Registered
8,253 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jirkstore /forum/post/15489214

Is this a download for the Wii that upgrades the software so you can find tune the drums? I've found the PC version o the tuning kit but nothing for the Wii.

Try this....

http://redoctane.custhelp.com/cgi-bi...i=&p_topview=1

Might have to dig around the site a bit, but the link above is for Activision/RedOctane warranty claims. It'll ask what platform you are playing on & what it is you might need (there is an option for Wii).

· Registered
4,141 Posts
I think I just received my cymbal already. I got a package and wasn't expecting one and it's too small of a package to be the drums thewmselves. I made this claim Monday. The other I made Sunday.

edit: yeah that was it. Too bad I got the cymbal first instead of the main drum pads which are what is much more important since the wiring is in that!

I bet my yellow cymbal was fine. Although it still is tempting to request each piece to be sure I get the most up-to-date pieces for the entire thing. Eve my stand had issues because a lock wasn't on it originally and I had to have someone put it on and the stand seems wobbly. I may just take it apart and redo it rather than wasting time trying to get the stand replaced.

So as far as anything related to gameplay, now I have to decide whether I need a new orange cymbal or kick pedal or if mine are ok. I haven't NOTICED major issues with either of those. So I hoipe they're ok. I sure hope I get my main pads tomorrow. I would doubt they would come today since they are sent fedex just like this other piece so I highly doubt fedex will come back the same day with another package.

· Registered
4,141 Posts
Now their support told me the original RMA went through too, but to give it a couple days. So I am hopeful maybe I will still get it tomorrow.

If I get it in a couple days and this all fixes my problems I will have to bump up my rating of the full band kit. I mean how much more can you expect from a company than to give you replacements the same week you ask for them and not ask for a receipt or anything? Harmonix would probably have me sitting here for a year or two like I am doing waiting on their DLC.

· Registered
8,253 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BASHERS33 /forum/post/15499545

Now their support told me the original RMA went through too, but to give it a couple days. So I am hopeful maybe I will still get it tomorrow.

If I get it in a couple days and this all fixes my problems I will have to bump up my rating of the full band kit. I mean how much more can you expect from a company than to give you replacements the same week you ask for them and not ask for a receipt or anything? Harmonix would probably have me sitting here for a year or two like I am doing waiting on their DLC.

IF you communicate w/ them again, ask if they have info on when these drums will be sold on thier own (not likey to get an answer, I know....but worth a shot!)

And let us know how RB2 is w/ this kit.

· Registered
4,141 Posts
I asked them for you. I thought they probably would think I was asking because I wanted to resell the parts they're sending me and not return my own. lol

But anyway he said there isn't even word whether or not it WILL be sold separately, let alone a date. So that's what he says anyway.

· Registered
8,253 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jirkstore /forum/post/15506089

Well that's a bummer. My buddy wants to buy a drum kit and can't find one by itself except on ebay used. You think if people were wanting to buy that they'd make them availible.

They likely will. Before launch, Activision stated that separate instruments as well as 3rd pary ones were coming in 2009. It's the "when" we don't know.

I never hold the word of a customer service rep as gospel - they are usually in the dark most times.

But needless to say, I can get the old RB Wii drumkit for $30 @ WalMart. It's tempting to just make RB2 my game for drumming & leave GH as a guitar/bass/voice game.

· Registered
4,141 Posts
How much is a standalone RB guitar now? If they don't release the songs I want released from the wii track packs, I could buy the track pack for $30 (or both for $60) and whatever price the guitar is. Although I would rather not have to use a rb guitar instead of these wireless GH ones.

· Registered
8,253 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BASHERS33 /forum/post/15508286

How much is a standalone RB guitar now? If they don't release the songs I want released from the wii track packs, I could buy the track pack for $30 (or both for $60) and whatever price the guitar is. Although I would rather not have to use a rb guitar instead of these wireless GH ones.

Stand Alone RB guitars = RB2 sunburst Strat runs around $70. An RB1 Strat in black - btwn $50-$60. Gamestops sometimes have used ones, too.

The RB Wii guitars are wireless. They just don't use the Wiimote. The SA RB instruments include a USB dongle & in the case of the guitars, you just need to put 2 AA batteries in it. The wireless stuff is built into the guitar.

BTW, while sold out online, it looks like most WalMarts in my area also have the RB1 drumkits for $30.

· Registered
49 Posts
My buddy bought a Wii GH Les Paul guitar at Circuit Pitty this past weekend for $20. One interesting note though: The box showed the white face plate but inside the box was the red and white Aerosmith face plate. It plays the same but my buddy wanted to airbrush his faceplate and now he doesn't have a clean slate to start from. And get this. You can't buy a white faceplace from Activision. He contacted Activision and they're like "there are lots of other colors to and patterns choose from!" How 'bout them apples?

· Registered
4,141 Posts
lol well I a starting to wonder what activision's deal is to begin with. I was supposed to get my drum replacement in THREE business days. It's been 6 business days without receiving it AND NOW the temporary charge for it has vanished off of my credit card statement, so I have a feeling the idiots cancelled it out and didn't even tell me.

· Registered
4,141 Posts
Ridiculous. After implying a week ago my drums had been shipped, now they say they have been backordered! I told them I am not sending mine in until I receive mine and that if they try to charge me for not getting them theirs within the 28 days I am disputing the charge. This is getting ridiculous. They have standard and express options. I could have just selected standard and received them just as quickly apparently!

· Registered
49 Posts
Well I'm still locked in an email battle to get a fixed copy of GH III for Wii. I bought mine in Jan of 08 and just now hooked it up to a Dolby Pro Logic II system to find out that it's gosh dern MONO! They said I missed the trade in window back in August of 08 and it'll cost me $20 and 6-8 weeks to get the remasterd version. What irks me is it says Dolby Pro Logic II right on my box. I don't care how much time has passed, they owe me what I paid for! What's even worse is that there is still old copies on store shelves waiting to be bought that the consumer will be stuck with. Ugh! What a sleezy way to do business.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.