AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently purchased a used ws-65908 to replace my ws-65903. I received a great deal on the set (less than $1000), primarily because there is a significant burn-in issue with it. The user never turned down the contrast levels, and after 2 years of comcast digital cable, the on-screen guide is burned in. From what I can tell, the only color that is burned is red, but I do have a few questions

1) Is there a pattern that I can use or some way to determine which gun needs to be replaced? I have the Video Essentials DVD but not the other one. I'm not sure the colors are 1:1 so replacing the red gun would probably not work?

2) What is the best way to go about replacing them? The set is still under warranty but I know it doesn't cover this. I live in Connecticut and the warranty is through Tweeter. They are not the most inexpensive place to go to for work, from what I can tell.

Any information that you can provide would help. As an FYI, I have been tweaking the 903 set all these years through the service menus, so I have a good bit of experience tweaking (and that partiicular set needed it badly, can you say 480p support?)

Thanks

Mark

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.