AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Sony dvp-s360 shows no disk all the time now. Just wondering if it is even worth fixing a player like this since a comparable new machine would be quite inexpensive now. I think the bench charge for such items is about $70.

What new DVD technology is coming out now? Where should I throw my bucks? I am planning on going with an HDTV within the next year so it will have to be progressive at the least. Are there 720p DVD's out there?

·
Registered
83 Posts

Originally posted by smsat
My Sony dvp-s360 shows no disk all the time now. Just wondering if it is even worth fixing a player like this since a comparable new machine would be quite inexpensive now. I think the bench charge for such items is about $70.

smsat.....DO NOT FIX THAT PLAYER...THROW IT AWAY!!!!

I had one......it died.....I had the F1 fuse and resistor mod. repair done to it....

1 month later it died again.

It's a first rate CRAP DVD PLAYER!!!!!

My worst DVD player nightmare.

see this link for the many bad reviews... SONY CRAP DVD PLAYER

I think the number of postings on this site is now up to 580 on this player most are very bad.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Since posting I have seen the number of replies concerning this player. I will not waste the money repairing.

Any good suggestions out there for a replacement player? 5 disc Progressive would be ideal!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by smsat
Any good suggestions out there for a replacement player? 5 disc Progressive would be ideal!
I'm not to sure about have a multi disc player....I can only watch 1 DVD at a time :D :D

Well if you can latch on to a Panny XP-30 or XP-50 that would be nice for you......If you see the RP-82 ...buy it!!! quick!!!...They all single disc machines.

They are discontinued models that are in great demand because of their PQ vs price ratio.

And they are almost non-existent.

Shortly most of the makers will have their new models out....maybe hang in there for a moment.

brian

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.