AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently a 3 plasma tv owner. Have a 43" pioneer in the living room above the fireplace, 37" panasonic in the bedroom, and 50" pioneer in the media room.

I just bought the 50" late last year and now regretting not waiting for these 8th generation 1080p ones. How can I get rid of the 50" without losing too much and upgrade to the newer 8th generation. The key is to make the wife feel like I am not losing too much money on this. How do some of you "trade" in or upgrade?

·
Banned
117 Posts
You always have the option of a "charitable" donation, or the route of ebay, craigslist or even your local market for selling it. Unfortunately you'll probably feel like you are losing to much because of what you paid for it last year and what a used unit is currently going for. I think there are also some options for members to sell items here on the forum, but I don't know much about how that is done.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Since you purchased it last year, you will loose a lot. I would just keep it and wait for the 8th gen Pios drop in price. The 5070 is a really good plasma and unless you are going to sit really close to the TV, 1080p might not even make a difference to you. We know the 8th gen Pios will have better blacks, but just stay away from stores displaying them and you should be ok.

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
It will be very difficult to justify this move to the wife just because you want/need the newer 1080p version. However, she might bite on the, "honey the 50" is really toooooo small and we need/want a 60" model". Hey, I'd go for that one.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
One of my regrets was not getting something bigger. I might just have to be patient. Oh, its' so hard being addicted to technology.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts