AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how do i connect all of this while keeping best audio quality and keep 4k and arc?

my understanding benefits of arc is 5.1 and using 1 remote?

optical is 2.0?

also with arc i would be able to have 5.1 audio out from tv like netflix correct? would i be able to do so with optical?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what has better audio quality? arc hdmi or optical?

i can basicly connect ps4 and cablebox to reciever via hdmi, then reciever to the tv via hdmi regular and optical from tv to reciever and get a harmony? just sounds complicated lol

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
One question...
If you have a PS4, why would you need to run netflix off your TV? Doesn't the PS4 have a netflix app?

The only use for arc is over the air broadcasts using an antenna connected to your TV. If you have a Playstation or blu-ray player manufactured since maybe 2011, you don't need to use arc for anything.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i dont want to use the ps4 for netflix using samsung smart is better and easier plus it streams some 4k

·
Registered
560 Posts
I just use HDMI with ARC. My TV sends 5.1 over ARC. In order to do that, you have to change the audio format from PCM to Bitstream. Check your TV's specifications and menus to see if it will also do 5.1 over ARC. If so, you have your answer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts