AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been working out the kinks taking pictures of my GWII screen, here are the results so far. I don't have Avia, and the display wasn't tuned until the last set of pics. I'm posting a link to a page on my website so I can post the pictures original size for the full effect of the detail.

XBR Pics

If there's anything in particular you'd like to see pics of, let me know and I'll see if I can oblige. Note that I don't have any HDTV capabilities yet, so shots are limited to DirecTV, XBox, and DVD.

·
Registered
7,554 Posts
If you have an interlaced DVD player, make sure you turn Cinemotion ON in the menu under Advanced Video (note: this is disabled in Mild mode, but you can set it to ON in Vivid, Standard, and Pro (mistakenly sometimes referred to as "Movie" mode for some of the charts in the Service (not the owner's) Manual). Cinemotion enables 3:2 pulldown which eliminates nearly all jaggies.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a progressive scan DVD player (Samsung DVD-P721), which makes some of the jaggies in Gladiator that much more odd... based on the quality of the stills in other movies, though, I'm convinced it's source quality with Gladiator. I'll experiment some more...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.