AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Wiz in Carle Place, NY has the 50" versions of the Sony GWII and the Samsung 507w next to each other if anyone wants to see them and compare.

My thoughts: I was really not sure which to get, but I liked the Samsung much better after seeing them like this. I don't like the "screen door" effect on the Sony. I did not see it on the Samsung. Saw no rainbows on the Samsung, so I don't know what people are taling about. The Sony has a much more reflective screen and this was distracting...much like the wv Sonys. The Samsung has a specific input for a PC wheras the Sony does not and the PIP on the Samsung is real PIP, not side by side like the Sony. Although I need to see a manual to see if it will support a digital source for PIP like the Sony does.

Although, let me say, both have GREAT GREAT pictures and you can't go wrong with either.

I am just going to wait until the 60" Samsung hits the East Coast and that is the TV I will be getting.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The only drawback of this set, bummer, no digital PIP like the SONY TV's Twinview supports.

From the 617 manual:

"• The PIP subscreen doesn’t support ANT-B, Component1, Component2, Component3, PC, and DVI.

• Picture-in-Picture doesn’t function when the V-chip is active."

But I suppose I could input Digital to the main picture and s-video from a second HD receiver or PC to the second PIP as a compromise.

I need this So my 2 yr old daughter can watch Barney or Elmo on the big screen and I can watch football or baseball on the PIP window.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.