1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still wating for my GWII60....

I am ordering RCA vga/component transcoder. But I found this

http://www.grandtec.com/xppro.htm

Looks like that it can overcome overscan issue, Any thoughts? Not pixel to pixel mapping though, if this device can display without overscan, I will might order this.

Anyone knows information about this device?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
The component out on this device is probably only 480i (standard video). At this cost it won't be a HD output with image manipulation.

·
Registered
42 Posts
according to the picture titled "Grand Ultimate XP Pro on HDTV", you will note that the output scan frequency from the GUXPPro is 15.75kHz. This is basically 480i or standard definition NTSC.

Note that the picture implies that your TV will upconvert the 480i to 480p.

Therefore, this device will not provide output other than 640x480i. It will scale all the input resolutions to this 480i output.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Burble,

was it you or someone else in another thread who was able to get 1280x720 resolution on this projector with some overscan? If so, did you use the ATI Radeon 7500 card or the Audio Authority 9A60 VGA to component converter?

www.digitalconnection.com/products/video/9a60.asp

It seems like this topic has died and no real solution came out of the overscan. Can you post the powestrip configurations again. Did you try the above VGA to component converter?

·
Registered
42 Posts
There are a few people who have got 720p to work including me.

I use the RCA VGA->ComponentVideo adapter. It's probably not all that great, but I'm still reeling from the GWII purchase, so I'm putting up with all the cheap stuff until my wallet recovers.

There's not much you can do to avoid the overscan on 720p. The only way is to create an 1184x666 desktop resolution inside a 720p timing. I'm using that resolution right now, and I'm typing to you on it right now.

(yes it's a bit blurry probably because it's running above spec for the adapter (The DTC100 only runs at 540p and 540p through this adapter is stunningly sharp on the GWII)

·
Registered
1,368 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Has anyone tried to feed 1366x768 through the component inputs? It might not be digital or bypass the scaler but I would still be interested what it looks like and if there is any overscan.

·
Registered
42 Posts
motjes2,

I'll try to take some pictures tonight...

Deptmaster,

I tried it, and the only way the screen would display anything is when it turned into a 720p signal. It definitely is locking out that resolution/freq. I tried for 3-4 hours tweaking the 768 at 56Hz, and 60Hz, and when the timing started to look like 720p, it started showing stuff.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.