AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My main qu is, Is there any difference between the inputs except the connection types they accept? EG is one input better for HD or DVD or SD?

thanks.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sorry but my my question was is a little confusing, I know the order of which connection type gives the best quality. My qu was more asking weather input 1 vs input 2 vs etc is better for DVD, SD D*, or OTA HD?

I guess input 1 has the DVI so that will be reserved for HD D*tv when Tivo comes out, but are there any benefit to using certain inputs with certain devices?

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so should I choose an input bases solely on the type of connection my device uses? So there is no difference in the circuitry expect the connection type of all the inputs?

Some RPs have the Faroudja chip but only for certain inputs, is the GWIII device/input specific?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Vivid,

Video 5,6,7 is reserved for Component/DVI - HDTV/DVD input with Video 5 and 6 being component and input 7 being DVI.

BTW: Page 39 of Manual, "Component video connections is necessary to view 480i,480p,720p and 1080i formats."

That limits you to Video 5,6,7 (I think) because right below that it says "You may also use the S Video or composite video connections, however, component video (Y,Pb,Pr) will provide the best picture quality for all formant types."

One last note from manual. "Advanced Video is unavailable when you have selected mild picture mode, or you are watching 1080i, 720p and 480p sources with video 5 to 7 inputs"

Advanced video = DRC Mode- High Density, Progresive, Cinemotion (reverse 3/2 pulldown) and BN Smoother.

Good luck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.