AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I have had it for several days but just got it set up. There is one dead pixel almost in the center of the screen. Will it go away with time, Should I swap for a new one.... anyone else experience this.

Please help

Aleic

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
from what i understand it is there to stay. more sets will have dead pixels than won't, and to only have one is actually pretty good. the real question is can you see it from your viewing position? most people report they can't see their dead pixels from more than a few feet away.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Consider yourself luck with only one bad! I was at the store demo a GWII and I counted 4 all over the screen!

Some will say it is from dust blow it off, or just leave it and see if it goes away!

The ones at the store I could not see them till I got around 3 feet away from the set!

Still waiting for Sony to find me a set here in Canada hope mine does not have to many!

·
Registered
7,554 Posts
If it's a bright pixel that you can see from sitting or close distance, and you have your 30 days to return/exchange your TV, do so.

If it's one of those faint pixels you can't see from more than 1 foot or so from the screen, it's a non-issue, and you probably have several of them, if you examine the screen from within a few inches.

·
Registered
7,554 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Suzook
sadly this green pixel is viewable from 10 feet away

:(
Swap it. Bright pixels do NOT go away. Neither do the faint dead ones, but they're not an issue from more than 1' or so away. My first viewing of a 60" GW II was at StarPower on Beltline Road in Addison/Dallas, TX. One bright green pixel in the bottom right quadrant visible from 10 feet away. Not a real issue when it was a football field, but I'd hate to see it during a dark scene in a movie.

·
Registered
698 Posts
What gets me as why Sony does not have better quality control over the the LCD panels. I can see there being an eceptable number of dead pixels scatterd about the panel & as long as they are dim or something like that. A brite green one in the dead center should have been caught at the factory. Or a cluster. There have been a number of sets like this it seems. You would think it would be cheaper for sony to catch this at the factory insted of swaping out whole units after they have been bought.

Dust:

I can understand dust also to a point. These things are soposed to be asembled in a relative dust free envirenment though.

I just hope I get lucky with my 50" unit. When ever it gets here.:mad:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Quote:
Well I have had it for several days but just got it set up. There is one dead pixel almost in the center of the screen. Will it go away with time, Should I swap for a new one.... anyone else experience this.

Please help

Aleic
:(

Once it is dead, it is dead foreever.

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well this makes me a little upset. or am I being a jerk. I called CC to tell them. Now I have a second GWII on order with them as well. So I was thinking they would come grab the defect and do a swap for me. I didnt have the first set delivered. They wont come and get it. Should I push for the manager to swap it, or suck it up and blow another $60.00 on a truck.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I've got a few bright "dead" ones and a fair amount of very dim "dead" ones. No big deal, can't see them from my distance and when watching anything. You'll probably swap out a lot of sets and still never find one that is 100% free of defects. Sorry, that's life.

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Quote:
Well this makes me a little upset. or am I being a jerk. I called CC to tell them. Now I have a second GWII on order with them as well. So I was thinking they would come grab the defect and do a swap for me. I didnt have the first set delivered. They wont come and get it. Should I push for the manager to swap it, or suck it up and blow another $60.00 on a truck.
how did you get the set home? did you buy the set on a credit card? i'm wondering what would happen if you told the store manager you would be disputing the charges with your credit card company if he didn't swap out the set for you?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.