Front porch : 0

Sync width : 3

Back porch : 36

Total : 807

Any/all help much appreciated, thanks~

·
Registered
42 Posts

Have you been able to drive any other displays with your HTPC at 1366x768 through DVI? It's starting to sound like Sony has specifically done something with the GWII that disallows 1-1 pixel mapping through the DVI port. Why would they allow it on the VLP-HS10 and disallow it on the GWII?

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
I think the settings from the first post in this thread may well work over the component video connectors if someone could try them. I believe the DVI-HDCP is interfering with our ability to tweak settings beyond HDTV standard or scaled lower resolutions.

The LCDs and the engine in the GWII are supposed to be the same as Sonys VPL-VW12HT projector -- not the VPL-HS10 that people keep trying settings from. It has a smaller LCD and does not have the new system to get better blacks.

Paul

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Rimbo

Why would they allow it on the VLP-HS10 and disallow it on the GWII?
Because the VPL-HS10 has DVI-D connectors and not DVI-HDCP. It also hs smaller LCD chips and projectors have a cross over market with business users and laptops for presentations...

Paul

·
Registered
42 Posts
Thanks Paul.

I totally missed the lack of HDCP on the VPL-HS10. It does not appear that anyone has sucessfully fed 1366x768 thru DVI to a VPL-VW12HT either. Unfortunately, the GWII's inability to display a digital input at its native rate is a deal breaker for me.

Brad

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
It will make me shift gear to the Samsung unless it can be done somehow.

If it can be done on the GW ususing component connections I will be satisfied (on the 12HT projector they also have a VGA connector that is where people have gotten pixel perfect one to one native res). I haven't found if anyone has done it with the component over there either.

I am beginning to think I may need to buy a VGA to component adapter haul my desktop down to Sony Only when they get a GWII in.

Paul

·
Registered
42 Posts
Since VGA and component are both analogue, using them will not bypass the GWII's internal scaler. Only DVI at native rate can do that and provide 1-1 pixel mapping from the source onto the LCD display. The Samsung definitely has the advantage here. Hopefully, the Sammy 61" will address some of the shortcomings of the 50".

Brad

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.