AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The freeze frame function of the GWII has about a one or two second delay from the moment you press the freeze button to the actual frame that gets displayed. This makes it impossible to get the exact frame of what you might want to see in the freeze window.

So what good is the freeze frame if it doesn't display the frame you click on? Why couldn't this have been made to work (nearly) instantaneously - without the delay. Things that don't work right add more disappointment than value - so maybe Sony should have left out the freeze frame function. (?) Or did they just 'bolt it on' so as not to be compared unfavorably in any side-by-side comparisons - i.e. marketing.

Since it's not a critical feature, is it okay that freeze frame doesn't work right?

·
Registered
807 Posts
It's one of those "good idea, bad implementation" deals. After playing around with it a few times I now never use freeze frame. Don't really miss it much either, but I guess that depends on your viewing habits (if you're into sports and want to freeze that touchdown...).

As it happens I didn't even know the GW had this 'feature' prior to buying it, so I don't feel cheated. It's not why I bought the TV.

-Rob-

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.