Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I also posted these in the HD hardware forum, but figure I'd reach others here:

1. Has anyone been successful in getting your GWII remote to operate the Sony HD 200 receiver? The receiver's remote is great, but my wife and I each like to have a remote (a control thing that often leads to battling remotes). The GW remote operated my old RCA receiver fine, but it doesn't seem to want to get along with the HD 200.

2. At my salesman's recommendation, I hooked up the HD 200 to the GWII with both DVI and component so I could toggle back-and-forth to compare PQ depending upon the source (DirectTV, OTA, individual channels). Is this worth pursuing?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Randall,

I use the GWII remote to operate the Sony HD-200 but it is limited. Of course I'm assuming the GWII remote you are using is the new metal slim design RM-Y912. Once you hit the GWII function to sat/cable, anything in blue will operate the HD 200, specifically the Guide and Index buttons. Also the channel function works.

I haven't been able to switch formats with this remote but it performs most of the basic functions. In fact, I hate the bulky HD 200 remote so I depend on my GWII remote to perform most operations.

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
I am using the HD200 remote, because it will also work my A/V receiver.

The GWII is limited to what it will do on the HD200. The only times I use

the TV's remote is when I change any of the menu items.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks IRC and rgathright. I suspect something is wrong with the IR receiver on my HD 200.

1. I can't program it to use the GWII new slim remote or an RCA remote. Both are known good remotes -- the former works fine operating the TV as well as DVD player (DVP-NS715P); the latter worked with the GWII as well as the RCA receiver.

2. Also the range of HD 200 remote is the most limited of the many such contraptions that have come into our lives. Particularly the angle of attack: I have to point the thing straight at the receiver! Angling it up like I do with other remotes, won't be read by the HD 200. Makes it hard enter in channel numbers -- an operation that naturaly lifts the front-end of the remote.

But the remote works fine with the GWII, DVD player, and my STR-DA1ES. So this leads me back to receiver as the problem. Do you guys have the second issue?

·
Registered
349 Posts
Check out the new Sony RM-AV3000 remote. I have it and it controlls all my components. Very nice, it does have a Satalite menu, don't have sat, so can not comment on how it works. Works well with others.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.