Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

We are considering getting a 60XBR800. I was curious -- is an ISF calibration also as useful on an LCD based RPTV, as the CRT based RPTVs?

Has anyone ISF Calibrated their GWII and seen the huge difference that is normally noted on CRT Based RTPVS?

Thanks!

·
Registered
92 Posts
I've owned the GWII for about a week. Not sure if ISF would help. There is no consumer convergence on this set. The LCD's are aligned at the factory. Not sure if there is a service provision to perform any alignment.

The ISF contact that you call should be able to answer this.

·
Registered
7,554 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by lrc
I've owned the GWII for about a week. Not sure if ISF would help. There is no consumer convergence on this set. The LCD's are aligned at the factory. Not sure if there is a service provision to perform any alignment.

The ISF contact that you call should be able to answer this.
I would think the value of an ISF would be grayscale tracking and adjusting other things that affect particular color outputs, etc. Maybe he could adjust the focus, too, and check the LCD alignment? Ed Van Belkom says his final GW XBR had definite improvement (sharpness and black levels) over his previous 2 or 3, and he attributes it to alignment of LCD panels and focus being correct.

Is it worth $300?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.