AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
GWII arrived from CC few days ago. I have done AVIA and basic (non service mode) UMR tweaks.

Overall initial impression: looks good, but I have extremely high expectations... hence this thread...

Main issues: On cable -color balance seems a bit off- either too green or red, depending on analog cable channel (likely a cable thing) -and havent watched enough dvds to comment on. Also, color seems a bit washed out- for lack of better description -somewhat dark overall- maybe greyscales?

While watching 4:3 material, there is obvious pincushion effect on vertical bars. Also, on horizontal bars (non 16x9 dvds) a little fall off of geometry near edges is evident. Without the convergence controls of my previous Toshiba 40H80 (which needed constant adjustment) I am a bit at a loss...Suggested tweaks to correct?

One bright red pixel is visible from 9 ft. is an issue (with dozens more up close- not an issue).

Anyway, my $.02.

Comments welcome and thanks to all for advice (esp. regarding pricing ;o)

PS - Anyone know of an extended warranty that will cover bulb replacement?

·
Premium Member
10,426 Posts
These have all been answered before, but I am waiting on a phone call.

Quote:
On cable -color balance seems a bit off- either too green or red, depending on analog cable channel (likely a cable thing)
Probably a combination of source and color decoder errors.

Quote:
color seems a bit washed out- for lack of better description -somewhat dark overall- maybe greyscales?
Probably the gamma is too low.

Quote:
While watching 4:3 material, there is obvious pincushion effect on vertical bars. Also, on horizontal bars (non 16x9 dvds) a little fall off of geometry near edges is evident. Without the convergence controls of my previous Toshiba 40H80 (which needed constant adjustment) I am a bit at a loss...Suggested tweaks to correct?
There are no service menu adjustments that allow you to fix geometry errors other than overscan. There are some adjustment screws on the projector engine that look like they could be used to shift the lens, but I do not know anyone who has done this.

Quote:
One bright red pixel is visible from 9 ft. is an issue (with dozens more up close- not an issue).
No easy fix except replacing the TV or the light engine.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.