AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am interested to know how many other GWII (60 in. for me) owners have a fixed pixel VISIBLE FROM 12 FEET. I can see one clearly, but only on 1 HD channel. I demanded a provision allowing me to exchange the set of I could see a pixel from 12 feet and think I will, but I would like to know what the chances are I will get another set with a pixel visible from 12 ft. Anyone else have this problem????

·
Registered
807 Posts
Lots of dead pixels at 2" on my 60" GWII. Can't see any of them at over 2' away and wouldn't have had a clue at my regular viewing distance of 10' if I hadn't looked at 2".

-Rob-

·
Registered
86 Posts
They came by and picked mine up last week and they said that it would be a week before they even give me an approximate date that I would get it back. I told them that I had the Phillips 5-year warranty and they said it wouldn't matter because it would still be covered under the Sony Warranty (2 months old) and that I could see a dead pixel (or a clump off dead pixels) at 11 feet.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Debating this one with myself now...

Just took delivery of 50" GWII- 1 noticable (single? or cluster?) pixel(s) on lower right side- basically a pink dot that can be seen from about 9 ft. Not sure if worth swapping for...on CC 30day return...

Also, up close- can see many (1-2 dozen?) (usually dark blue) 'stuck' pixels. Too bad that manufacturing process ain't perfect - and acceptable quality standards are so low for such an expensive piece of equipment.

Anyone considered an easy way to cover up brightly colored pixel -such as place dot with erasable black marker on top?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.