AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I mentioned in another thread that I NFL2K3 on the Xbox looked great until players started moving around. Then they all became very blurry. I attributed this to LCD ghosting but others had some good input on 3-2 conversion issues (which are a bit beyond me right now).

I got an idea and started playing around with the Advanced Video DRC Palette thing where you choose between the level of Reality and Clarity.

By default it's set to 25-1 (25 reality, 1 clarity) and this left a very blurry picture in general. I moved it around and found that if I set it to nearly full reality and virtually no clarity, this blurring effect virtually disappears.

Is anyone able to shed more light on this feature? I would have thought adding more clarity would help. Instead, clarity seems to add blur which is a bit backwards to me.

·
Premium Member
10,415 Posts
You previously posted that you started tweaking in the service menu. Have you started this before setting DRC? The tweak guide suggests otherwise.

I would suggest you follow the order on page 2 of 12. You can skip the things you don't want to change, but the order is a pretty good one to follow. I have suggested a DRC setting of Reality 0 and Clarity 100 after many hours of looking at test patterns, but you can always go your own way if you want. I am not sure what each of these is doing, but reality appears to be some kind of extra enhancement.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Are you using component cables for your X-Box ??? NFL2K3 should be running in 480p so you shouldn't be able to use the DSC settings.

If you are not using component cables for your gaming, I HIGHLY suggest you do. This should clear up your problems.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Spooky
Are you using component cables for your X-Box ??? NFL2K3 should be running in 480p so you shouldn't be able to use the DSC settings.

If you are not using component cables for your gaming, I HIGHLY suggest you do. This should clear up your problems.
I would be more than glad to consider that, but then I'm going to have a MAJOR problem. I have my DVD players taking one component input and I believe I will be needing the other one for the HDTV receiver coming to my house on Tuesday from Comcast. I don't think it has a DVI connection unless there's some sort of converter. If it's a choice between quality Xbox and HDTV or DVD, XBox will lose that battle. But yes, I would like to see that output.

umr, I did this after doing the tweaks. I didn't realize this was part of your order. Yet another reason for my PM to you on the other site. Any chance of hearing back shortly on that issue?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.