AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
seems like this is all over the map in terms of price. Could all those who have purchased just post your best price and not the location where it was bought.

thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
50" GWII -- out of state purchase -- Authorized Dealer with B&M facility

$3650 (no tax, free "white glove" shipping)

In a thread like this, I think that the more details the poster is willing to give will help a potential purchaser calculate their total cost.

For instance, the equivalent "sticker" local B&M price for my purchase (minus Nor. Cal sales tax 8.25%) would be: $3372. I get an authorized dealer, but I don't have the convenience/security of working with a local dealer.

-Lou

·
Registered
51 Posts
$3,590 at local b&m (delivery included). Part of a package including mirage speakers (additional $1,650 for speakers).

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
50" for $3399 including tax and delivery from a local B&M.

·
Registered
34 Posts
A $500 price difference over the 10 year lifetime of this model comes

out to less than $1 per week. Surely the company that gives the best

customer service should get your business.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Hello,

I made out like a bandit. 4cost.com must have made a mistake on their webpage and the phone ordering line. I saw the price on their page and called them to confirm and check availability. The price I bought my 60" GWII was $3843 + $199 shipping. I noticed that they changed the price about a week later to something like $4299 or something + shipping. I just received it Monday and am feeling a little larcenous right now!!

I almost made out on the Sony SAT-HD200 when circuit city posted it for $634 but goofed around for a week not knowing they had made a mistake and looked again and see it now for $799. If anyone knows of a deal on this receiver, I would appreciate it. Love the 60" GWII!!

Les
[email protected]

·
Registered
5 Posts
Getting my GWII for 4350 from a B&M. Dealed around a little and they matched the price I told them the other store was selling if for. Also just got my Sony SAT HD-200 today from CC for 634.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Ok. this is crazy but true. CC 3999.00 forGWII 60XBR800, yes 60, NOT 50; they were very upset that I purchased it from another retailer, and just had to beat their price. They also through in a free HD Satellite dish, including installation. The TV was delivered today. I thought I got the best price for 4249.99 from the other reseller but I guess I was wrong.

I'm in the Dallas area. I would be surprised if you can get the same deal. But "nothing ventured...blah...blahh"

·
Registered
696 Posts
mmereos,

I am also in the Dallas area. Would you share what CC you purchased it from and what other retailer you got the other price from? thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
scottfred,

I don't understand how you got CC to pricematch an online vendor?? My CC (and the CC web site) was very firm that they only price match local B&M retailers and do not match prices from online, non-retail store, vendors.

·
Registered
698 Posts
mmereos, Sent you a PM. :)

·
Registered
125 Posts
60" for $3348 + tax (delivery included) and the hd200 for $598 + tax, but this is through a friend' s employee purchase. This is just to show how much the stores are still gouging.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
I was out shopping in the neighborhood this afternoon and stopped by Eber Electronics on Market here in SF. I decided to see if the salesman would agree to the price I was willing to pay. He did and I paid for it. Expected delivery is Dec. 20.

Price - $4999 which includes a KF60XBR800 and a Sony SAT-HD200 STB.

So, you could say I paid $4200 for the TV and $799 for the STB. Maybe I could have gotten a better deal somewhere else, but I wanted to give my business to my local neighborhood dealer. Oh, they are charging me $50 for delivery. I am paying sales tax, too.

I'm happy and they're happy. Now, I just have to worry about getting a unit with dead/stuck pixels. :)

Merry Christmas!

·
Registered
26 Posts
50" for $3499, delivered, No shipping, No tax, got it yesterday

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.