AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am i wrong in assuming that the GW use the same projector internally. I think the HS10 didnt come out untill the GWII came out but now the the GWIII is coming out will there be an upgrade to the HS-10?

SMD

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
Possible, but don't expect an upgrade untill they can meet the demand they already have. Could be they're using a 12HT engine for the III's? Gotta get rid of em somehow. ;)

·
Registered
860 Posts
The GWII uses the same size (1.35") LCD panels as the 12HT (the hs10 uses .87"). I'm not sure if the rest of the internal pj on the GWII is the same as the 12HT. I am curious on what the GWIII will be using....

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
I am not convinced the Grand Wega III is all that different grom the Grand Wega II.

·
Registered
48 Posts
From reading the specs, I think Sony is just trying to add more LCD rear projection units to thier line. They will be releasing 3 new GW RP's a 42, a 50 and a 60, and also they will be upgrading thier XBR GW line, with a 50, 60 and 73 (hopefully by year end).

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
wishfull thinking on my part, I have been delayed in getting my basement finished so I was hoping there would be a little upgrade to the HS10 during my wait to make me feel a little better about lost viewing time.

Maybe a surprise HS10II with better blacks will be out this fall...fingers crossed:D

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
Hard to say, but the TW100 looks like an upgrade to the HS10 - though you definitely pay more for getting more. Personally I think with a gray screen, cc40r filter and rgb adjustment, there aren't many people that would be disappointed with the contrast or black level of the HS10.

I've had mine for 6 months and after a bit of tweaking I'm thrilled with the performance. Spending more for more projector would be a matter of diminishing returns for me.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
I have heard a rumor that Sony will be debuting a new projector in June. This was from a salesman that seemed very honest. Matter of fact he told me to not consider upgrading until June because Sony and Sanyo are debuting new projectors and Panasonic will be lowering the price of the 300U in response. I don't know if this is accurate or not, but I wonder if Sony and Sanyo will be announcing projectors using the same chip.

Scott

Scott

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.