Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tried a search on this, but no luck.

Finally saw the GWIII 42", and got to paw through the manual. Says that the DVI is not intended to work w/ PC displays. Is that a "fact", or is that a statement that they don't want to support it and the tech support calls they would receive?

Anybody successfully done it with any of the GWIIIs?

I thought the picture was very good, but it was literally out of the box (watched them unpack it) and did not have your typical cast of characters (PT50LC13, 50V500, etc) to compare it to. Plus, I have no credibility with this group yet, so my opinion doesn't really matter. :)

Thanks,

Rich

·
Registered
34 Posts
Rich,

Welcome! The DVI input "should" work with a PC. Do a search for the GWII and DVI - there are a ton of topics. It definitely takes some tweaking to get to work with the GWII, but mine looks fantastic. I am pretty sure Sony doesn't want to deal with the tech support calls.

Jeff

·
Registered
548 Posts
That's exactly what it is. Every company is stating this in their manuals. The fact is, if the set recieves a signal from a STB or a DVD player via the DVI, it can be done with a PC via DVI. The trick is just sending it the right signal for timing and resolution. Doing a search here and in the HTPC area on this site will reveal what you want to know.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.