AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel stupid asking this, but I am not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Any Mode I pick in WIDE seems off except for Normal, but Normal when playing my widescreen discs appears like a 4:3 on my tv.

I just got a 60" Sony rplcd tv.

The DvD player I'm using always displayed my widescreen movies perfectly on my 32" tv with bars on top and bottom of course. On my 60" it seems the only way to fill up the screen width wise, is to pick Full, Zoom, etc. and those settings appear to stretch the picture.

How can this be? If I place a WideScreen movie in my DvD player, why isn't it looking WideScreen on my tv?

Anyone?

Thanks! China

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think your correct in that being the source of the problem.

The DvD player had an Aspect Menu and was setup for 4:3. I changed it and Full Mode now appears non-distorted.

Thanks!!! I'm new to a lot of this.

This week I'll be picking up the Dennon 2200, which I'm greatly looking forward to.

China

·
Registered
40 Posts
China,

You will love this TV with a Denon receiver for the Home Theater experience. I have the Denon 3803 and absolutely love both the TV and the receiver. Of course quality speakers are a must and I can't wait for a HDTV TiVo unit in March/April, and then possibly the Techcraft SWE60 stand. I didn't like the Sony stand at all, especially for that price. Good luck and enjoy. Make sure your DVD player is a progressive scan model and you have the output set to 480p.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Slayer - My kids, wife and I have had a total blast tonight. What a difference; and I think I'm getting most of my pleasure from seeing how immersed my kids are in the films.

Only concerns are the issues some have had with this tv. I was hoping for a January manufactured date, seeing as it's taken 3 weeks for the delivery, but it's a December product. I only hope the hold-up was due to Sony tweaking the units once problems were known. Either way, I have the 5-yr extended warranty, so I'm not gonna sweat it.

Thanks for the advice for the setting on the 2200. I'm sure that would have been my first question to you guys once I got it home =)

Peace - China

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.