Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Coyote Waits
27,294 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by nyrjoe
Htwaits,

Thanks a bunch for the great reply, but I'm looking for the GWIII tweaks.
Oops! Sorry! :rolleyes:

I have two excuses for not knowing where I was or what I was doing. Fever and the assumption that "tweaks" in all threads I read have to mean Samsung DLP sets.

The fever seems to be gone this morning. I don't know about the assumptions.

In the GWIII owner's thread there seems to be a lot more interest in stands than tweaks. I've taken that as a positive sign. :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Navigating in the SM is the same as umr describes in his GWII tweak doc. The only change I've made is to the color decoder. I used DVE to set Color in the user menu and then turned down RYR in the SM to get rid of the red push I was seeing. The color decoder settings (RYB,RYR,GYB,GYR) for the GWIII are in the DCP-USER category. Thanks to umr for explaining what these are and how to adjust them in his "umr does GWII" thread.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by umr
I might be able to post some tweaks if someone in Houston offered their set up to me for experimentation.
Too bad you werent in Seattle area, or else I'd lend you my GWIII when I got it for you to experiment with...

·
Registered
40 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by nyrjoe
I tried entering Display - 5 - Vol+ - Power but could not get in. Is this correct?
Yeah, that's it. While the power is off of course. Make sure you're pointing at the sensor as you press each button. I don't think I'm going to do any more tweaking for now. I'm really happy with the picture.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Umr, if you were willing to take a visit north I'd be happy to let you experiment with my GWIII. I want to find someone to tweak it but since so few have it yet I don't expect it to be easy to find someone with experience.

·
Registered
4 Posts
UMR,

I am a new owner of a 50" GWlll and have started reading your original "UMR does GWll" forum to learn how I can enhance the PQ of my set, and unfortunately saw that you had remove the link to

the document of all the tweeks which you have appeared to enhance PQ so much.

Removed link to download settings to prevent people from having problems. 10/29/03

Is their anyway I can receive a copy of that document taking full responsibility for any problems that I may have.

Thx

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Gheko,

UMR stated a couple of days ago that he was leaving the RP forum and was not taking any PMs either; thus he may not respond to your post (it is probably also related to his removing the link, which is even more unfortunate).

I would think, however, that someone else here would have downloaded a reasonably recent version and can make it available to you.

Anyone?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm obviously new to this forum (check out my whopping post count), but my buddy is on here all the time and UMR's name is spoken reverently by him and others on the board. Why did he take off?

I'd also be interested if anyone had a link or something of his old tweaking methodologies, I'm about to take the plunge on the 50" GWIII and would love some guidelines on getting the most out of it....

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
I'm not sure all of umr's tweaks apply equally to the GWIII, since his focus was the GWII. There appear to be some similarities, however.

UMR announced his departure in the "GWIII ISF Calibrated!" thread. I am not sure exactly what the reasons were. There were some heated disagreements with another poster whose claims were not substantiated and who didn't have the depth of knowledge on how to test his results that umr has. I think there must have also been some nasty PMs flying about which might be the reason for umr shutting down his PM capability. I would expect that UMR is at least lurking somewhere on another forum.

I actually have a umr tweaks documented dated 12/17/2002, but I'm sure it is not the latest. If no one else replies with anything more up to date I can send it to you (for what it's worth).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks BTDT, to bad about UMR. I would very much appreciate it if you could post your "UMR does GWll" document dated 12/17/2002. So I can get started on fine tuning my system in order to bring out it's true PQ capabilities, and convey any unique findings along the way to this forum.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I would also really appreciate a copy of that document! BTDT post it or send it to me... [email protected]

1 - 20 of 109 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.