AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought the Gyration GO 2.4Ghz keyboard + mouse off ebay recently (it was used). I was wondering if any other users have experienced some reliability/signal issues I seem to be having...

Basically the keyboard and mouse sometimes studders during continuous movement/typing. ie. if I type continuously for like 5-10 seconds, eventually the text on the screen stops and I have to wait a few seconds for the keyboard to "un-jam", at which point I can continue typing. It's really *really* annoying...

It's as if keyboard can't transmit fast enough and the buffer gets full.

The mouse has a similar problem where it will stop receiving a signal for a split second making my movements very jerky and hard to control/predict.

My friend swears by gyration products and I've read lots of glowing reviews about this product. But currently, I can't even type reliably with the bloody keyboard...

Is this something with the USB receiver? I don't think the transmitter is broken for both the mouse *and* the keyboard.

I've considered it may be interference with other 2.4Ghz devices... maybe WiFi is screwing it up?

Who knows..... ANyone else experience what I've got?

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
I would look for a source of interference. I've never had any problems with the 5 or 6 that I've had over the years. Make sure that the receiver is not next to your monitor or your tower as both can interfere with the signal.

CJ

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had similar problems with Kennsington. I replaced the first Kennsington set with another (to no availl) and than replace that set with Gyration and had zero issues. I'm guessing that the units are on seperate freqs, which is why one worked and not the other, but i don't know that to be true.

Since you bought it used, returning it is mostlikely out of the question, but i suppose you could buy another brand (or even same brand) from a local dealer with a good return policy (circuit city?) and see if the problem lies in your current keyboard, or if there is just too much interference in the area.

FYI - I'm guessing that range is also an issue. Switching brands resolved that issue as well (at least for me). Good luck.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Range shouldn't be an issue. I'm sitting no more than 5 feet away from the receiver. Though I do only have the 30' range model and not the professional 100' range one...

Assuming the hardware is fine, I'm working on reducing sources of interference. I've moved the receiver around and i *think* i have a relatively stable setup. I had the usb receiver plugged directly into the receiver before and to a usb hub. I now have it off on it's own usb extension cable sitting alone in front of the LCD TV. It's elevated slightly as well so hopefully this will cut down on interference and increase line of sight for the RF signal.

Wish me luck!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just a quick update. Moving the usb key receiver to an elevated location in front of the tv has helped a lot. The mouse still skips every now and then but the keyboard is much more reliable.

Even though this devices uses RF, it seems like it still needs a good line of sight from the devices to the receiver.

All in all, i'm happier but wish I spent my cash on a wii remote =)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.