AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Gyration GYR4101US and it learns well for TV, Aux and Cable. However, it does not learn for "PC."

The problem with my HTPC is that volume is all over the place. The TV has volume, the computer has volume and the stereo has volume. The stereo is only on when we are watching movies.

We also use a Wii and because my wife doesn't understand the subtleties of having multiple volume levels to juggle she is always getting frustrated.

I would like to put the volume on the PC all the way up to the top. Then modulate volume ONLY with the gyration. I would like to have the remote "learn" the TV remote control volume commands under the "PC" settings. However,it seems like the PC settings are locked and you cannot learn.

Anyone know the way around this?

·
Registered
701 Posts
There isn't one unfortunately, I looked for the same thing for a while and nothing worked.

About the closest I got to having a working WMC remote with TV volume control was to program the AUX on the remote with an IR WMC remote for everything but the volume, which I programmed with my TV remote, but you lose some functionality and you have to use an IR receiver on the HTPC since that's what you programmed it with, not the RF it comes with.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts