AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've heard that Windows 7 has a DXVA enabled H.264 codec. However mine doesn't seem to be working. I have a 4670 with CCC 9.7. I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium x64 (RTM version). I can compare a 1080p24 H.264 mkv file at around 90% utilization vs playing that same file in TMT3 with about 20%. I have mpc-hc x64 and installed only Haali x64. It seems to hit 90% in both WMC, and MPC-HC, also for some reason the MPC codec gets blown away from the DTV decoder everytime even if I try to set that as preferred. Am I missing something? Also is there a way to check if it's actually hitting the DXVA route? I liked that about the MPC decoder, but it looks like MS says nuh uh, I'm not gonna use that one!

·
Registered
9,431 Posts
Do you have subtitles enabled (need to be disabled)? Does GraphStudio64 show you linked to the EVR?

I had the same problem until I took care of those two issues.

·
Premium Member
16,132 Posts
Yup, if EVR Custom Presenter is selected, DXVA and subtitles are compatible inside MPC HomeCinema. However in 7MC, where EVR is the dafault video renderer, subtitles disables DXVA. Read DXVA Support . Read also DirectShow Decoders Used in WMP12/7MC .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts