AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am up to my eyeballs in choices and this seems to be my narrowed down list for the week. Basically I just need somebody, ANYBODY, to let me know what they would do if in my shoes, as I am striving to learn about A/V Receivers, and fail to see some things that much more experienced audiophiles see. Anyway, if not, at least I just got great typing practice. Thanks for now.

·
Registered
12,381 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by CubeNBlunt
I am up to my eyeballs in choices and this seems to be my narrowed down list for the week. Basically I just need somebody, ANYBODY, to let me know what they would do if in my shoes, as I am striving to learn about A/V Receivers, and fail to see some things that much more experienced audiophiles see. Anyway, if not, at least I just got great typing practice. Thanks for now.
The HK 230 will have more power, but the XR45 is a smaller footprint. When the 45 came out last year we listened to this in detail, it was raesonable but for overall power and features the 230 has more of everything including power, DSP modes, Digital Inputs and Outputs..

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you MCode, I really appreciate the response. I have been leaning towards the 230 for awhile, but even this " lower end" gear w/ speakers is a pretty big investment for me, so I have been pretty paranoid about making the final choice. Do you feel the step between the 230 and say, the 225 is worth the extra cash?

·
Registered
12,381 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by CubeNBlunt
Thank you MCode, I really appreciate the response. I have been leaning towards the 230 for awhile, but even this " lower end" gear w/ speakers is a pretty big investment for me, so I have been pretty paranoid about making the final choice. Do you feel the step between the 230 and say, the 225 is worth the extra cash?
The 230 does have certain features over the 225, these are:

1. 6 amplifiers vs 5

2. Later DSP modes, DTS 6.1 and DD EX 6.1

3. Latest appearance, larger display

The 225 is on closeout and last year's model will always be 20-30% cheaper than the new comparable model. Both are excellant AVRs, well rated solid products..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.