AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this in the 7200 vs the 8000 shoot out. Instead of hijacking that thread, I thought Id ask this question in its own thread. so...Does anyone know if Harmon Kardon has finally admitted a problem with the Center Channel Buzz on its 8000 series receivers? I've still got about 10 months of warranty left on my 8000 and would like to get this problem fixed. I love the receiver, but a flagship receiver should not have this problem. Has anyone been successful at getting H/K to fix their unit??

Dean

·
Registered
576 Posts
DeanKaye

"I've still got about 10 months of warranty left on my 8000 and would like to get this problem fixed."

Rather than ask anyone else, I'd ask HK (again, as I assume you have already talked to them at least once). I doubt that they are researching any way to repair it, but you never know till you ask.

According to a post I saw here months ago (TomBombadil), the problem seems to be in the circuit between the receiver and the center channel amp. If you power the center channel with a separate amp (need one that has a mono mode), the buzz disappears.

If it isn't worth it to buy another amp, and the problem is not so bothersome that you'd need to get rid of the receiver, I'd just continue to live with it...just as you have been. You have 10 more months to decide.

I'd still contact HK, telling them I want a new receiver and get them to respond. That way you'd have a "paper trail" in case the problem gets worse.

By the way, after reviewing many receivers, TomBombadil bought this one as the best available in it's class (at the time). He used separate amps for all channels, so, in his system, it was only a "pre-pro".

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.