AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am Upgrading my living room set up and am considering a H/K AVR 430. From what I have read it performs pretty well and I really like the way it looks. ( I am a sucker for the blue volume knob) but I digress.

I will have three video sources going in: DVD, HDTIVO (component) and a VCR (s-video). My question is can I get a way with only one component out to my display or will I need to run S-video for the VCR?

Will the receiver convert the signal or do I live in a fantasy world where everything is just that easy.

On a seprate but related note: if any of you here know of any reason (other than the dropout issue) why I should shy away from the the AVR 430 speak now or for ever hold your peace.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Taps microphone Hello, my name is Chris, and I'm a blue volume knob-aholic!

I too am being hipnotized by the blue volume knob on the HK. I am looking at the 330 right now. I did some searching through the manuals and it's not expressly written anywhere (that I saw, anyway) the wording of the component video monitor (output) suggests to me that it only displays from the component video inputs, suggesting that you need to connect the components and the s-video. I could be wrong and hopefully someone with experience with the receiver will chime in, but that's just the way I read it. You can find the user manual in PDF form on the HK website here:

AVR 430 User Manual

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Passing the VCR through the HK is a good idea. You'll have monitor out for the HKs on screen menu, which you can't get with the componant out.

E

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.